Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Standing Out From The Crowd

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JBC88

Hey guys got a txt from custy saying dont need me now someones canvassed n gonna do it for half my price! So basically been badly undercut.thing is the house is a big 4bed detached house with bay windows on both floors and 2 big patio doors at back. i charge £12 for it and do all pvc also everytime. So if this guys gonna charge say £7 how much dya rexkon he does a normal semi for £3-4??? If he does hes gonna have hardd time making a living.

Anyone got any pointers abt standing out so thatveven if a guy comes in so cheap you dont lose out?? I do my best to provide top quality service n also not greedy qith my pricing or price rises yet sometimes i get this happening and ya top quality service doesnt matter anymore.

I know im gonna make my money back and pixk up other customers cos i do best job i can but wish i could make such an impression that custies wouldnt care abt price more than quality of service.

Hey guys got a txt from custy saying dont need me now someones canvassed n gonna do it for half my price! So basically been badly undercut.thing is the house is a big 4bed detached house with bay windows on both floors and 2 big patio doors at back. i charge £12 for it and do all pvc also everytime. So if this guys gonna charge say £7 how much dya rexkon he does a normal semi for £3-4??? If he does hes gonna have hardd time making a living.
Anyone got any pointers abt standing out so thatveven if a guy comes in so cheap you dont lose out?? I do my best to provide top quality service n also not greedy qith my pricing or price rises yet sometimes i get this happening and ya top quality service doesnt matter anymore.

I know im gonna make my money back and pixk up other customers cos i do best job i can but wish i could make such an impression that custies wouldnt care abt price more than quality of service.
I think just stick to what your doing ,if i'm honest i wouldn't even do that size house for 12, i charge more.
You know yourself that if you've got any under priced work every time it comes round to cleaning them again you get NAUGHTY off with doing them.If someone wants to do them for those sort of prices good luck to them .I find it's only the odd customer that will drop you and if they drop you like that they are not worth having.

The guys who canvassed your customer?do you know who they are ? they are not pds cleaning are they? they are ruthless tried to under cut my work a few times.

Pretty much what joe said tbh.

We lost a customer sometime ago. We was £20 they was quoted £10.50. So they cancelled us, 6 months later can we take em on again. He did it twice, don't let it get to you. Pleeeeeeeeeeenty of work about!

They canvass houses like your customer and go in as low as possible just to get the address, name and number on the paper to sell on as a ready made round or someone has sent them round ..someone will buy this, do it for the first time and realise that it's just not worth the money for the work they put in,you want to say to the customer who you've lost that if this other company lets you down or the cleaning is'nt up to scratch in the future then you know where to come for a reliable cleaner.

I think just stick to what your doing ,if i'm honest i wouldn't even do that size house for 12, i charge more.
You know yourself that if you've got any under priced work every time it comes round to cleaning them again you get NAUGHTY off with doing them.If someone wants to do them for those sort of prices good luck to them .I find it's only the odd customer that will drop you and if they drop you like that they are not worth having.

The guys who canvassed your customer?do you know who they are ? they are not pds cleaning are they? they are ruthless tried to under cut my work a few times.
p d s cleaning,I've heard of him,from Woodford,needs a slap!

Yeah thats him pds, patrick dudley smith he's got a gang of canvassers working for him, sells under priced,undercut rubbish work and wants 5 times the value,he's done alright out of it to lives in a nice size house.

Yeah thats him pds, patrick dudley smith he's got a gang of canvassers working for him, sells under priced,undercut rubbish work and wants 5 times the value,he's done alright out of it to lives in a nice size house.
2 people I know got rounds of him and they well and truly stiched uo.i think he's been knocking on my doors.not all is as seems though he has gone into liquidation before.he is bang out of order.

I know last year i had one of my customers tell me that she had a guy from pds knocking on her door,she said she was happy with me, but he still said i'll knock a fiver off, she still said no,but he said i'll put your address down and call back in a month anyway .Month later this window cleaner turns up to do the windows ...wasn't he's fault just been sold this address by pds.

I'm glad to hear that, the bloke does'nt give a **** who he undercuts ,i've met alot of window cleaners who have been stiched by him in the past .

WOW! My mate bought a round of a company called PDS about 6 years ago, i wonder if its the same company. Sounds like it.

He ended up paying close to £20,000 for £3,000 worth of work. In the end he dropped every single customer.

He paid in instalments, if you missed a payment. You got hammered!

Yep same company, didnt know where woodford was. PDS was near essex, i remember him telling me that WOW!!!

Yeah sounds like him,i try and tell everyone i know about this ***** and not to buy work of him, he is a proper cowboy ...i dont know how he's still got legs to walk on.

Flippin heck thats proper bad...i rexkon its canvassers on my patch cos who wud go so cheap knowing they cus charge more n happilyvcarry on cleaning..its not them tho im from yprkshire..feel sorryvfor thise guys thatvgot ripped off tho

Thanks for advice tho not losing much sleep over it just wish ppl werent so motivated by price n remembered u getvwhat you pay for.

Yep same company, didnt know where woodford was. PDS was near essex, i remember him telling me that WOW!!!
Yes damo,Woodford in essx,canvassing Essex,herts,beds,Cambridge.

Seriously dodgy bloke,father and son I know re mortgage house yo bit round ,he trained them up but still couldn't clean windows,I had to show them as felt sorry for them.

Seriously this bloke has to be stopped as he id damaging the trade.

Advertising in local paper a while back:window cleaner wanted full training given,£800 a week,guarantee,full training given.

That's how he reels you in!be careful.

Today I had the exact same experience as the original poster. I have a big detached house that I do every 3-4 months. I charge 50 euro, which it is worth all day long. The customer rang me to say that a guy who claims to do the rest of her estate has quoted her 25. She asked me that as she was very happy with the quality of my work, would I reconsider my price.

I replied that I would give it some thought. I have since thought about it. If she rings me again it will still be 50. My time is valuable, and I only want customers who appreciate that.

John

Back