Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What A Day...

Belfastcleaning

Having a terrible time with the wfp, really don't think it is going to make things easier or quicker. Sick to death of dragging the hose and getting caught in everything! Nuisance working around people's gardens getting caught and tripping over stuff. Washing lines plant pots wheelie bins car tyres... Also hit the tap on and soaked myself lol.. Debating whether to just drop all my triple work and just stay trad as this is just putting me in bad form everyday

It's like anything I suppose belfast, ya gotta get used to it and it's gonna be a big learning curve. So many lads swear by wfp but if it really isn't suited to the properties you clean then you do what you thinks best. Or maybe a backpack would be more suitable.

That what puts me off, Im still deciding weather to get the backpack or not. How big is all your triple work? Couldnt you get a bigger ladder?

Keep at it.... and you will get used to it after a few days trust me /emoticons/smile.png

i cant seem to get a good clean with my wfp kit i keep rinsing and rinsing but it still leaves white spots .

I feel like snapping me poles in half im getting that frustrated with them .

Just keep at it, Ive started to use mine more lately and can get the jobs done in no time at all, the windows will get easier to clean every time you visit

try cleaning some of your mates or relatives houses, then if you get runs its not a prob, do em for nowt & tell em your just learning oh and your own house of course, but you will learn how to speed up & use less water if you use friends cos your not so stressed

Mk, My clx 27 fully stretched just about does them, no way I'm climbing ladders to do that kind of work again.

H.. It's been a month already!

Gav, I was ready for snapping the pole across my knee today lol

I started the day off I won £10 on a scratch card, then drizzle came on the heavy shower and got soaked.. I am close to buying a backpack blue 16lt one for £140..

I sometimes get to houses & think I could do that wfp but just cannot be bothered to get it out & find it easier to trad & know that I've done a better job then wfp. Big H I can see where yer coming from but Belfast has been at it a while now & also for someone who's never & can't trad cannot know the difference. I only use mine on windows I cannot get & I walk away wondering if there clean as cannot see that high whereas with trad I can see them. Keep at it Belfast but I can see exactly where yet coming from. Incedently I am in know way slagging wfp off I wouldn't do that as I think used properly it's a great piece of kit. Just wanted to add that in case it came over wrong.

Mk, My clx 27 fully stretched just about does them, no way I'm climbing ladders to do that kind of work again.

H.. It's been a month already!

Gav, I was ready for snapping the pole across my knee today lol

I started the day off I won £10 on a scratch card, then drizzle came on the heavy shower and got soaked.. I am close to buying a backpack blue 16lt one for £140..
If its the wcw backpack Belfast try get the orange one as you can just about see through it to see how full it is.

It can take a while, I used to have sleepless nights at first every other house seemed to spot, hose caught on the tiniest lips in concrete etc. while these things still do happen, some houses don't take to it as well as others, and hose always finds something to cling too, it does get better, you get the knack in the end, even first cleans come up good most of the time. Speed will come in time when you have the confidence in not using gallons of water per window, moving round more freely. All said and done, there are as others said some places easier with ladders, but I wouldn't go back to tackling three storey stuff on a ladder again!

Well had a worse day today! Set the pole up against window to go turn tap on, just hear it starting to slide, hit the dirt just missed some ole boy! He came out and said hey thats some piece of kit you got now! Lol..

Tap catches on all sorts, keeps turning itself on! Then was moving van round the corner, hose reel tipped in the back and the handle broke off!

So decides to take the ladders off! Went to check the very first house as it was a new customer, some windows were grey with streaks, few bird dirt wouldn't come off either. Also vulex windows are hard to get clean

At the end of the day long as it works. I have a clear one (extend2wash) and the orange wcw one. Both work well. The clear one only cost £99 plus £9 p&p & works well. It's 18litres.

Latest Posts

Back