Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help With Pricing Please .....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fuggytail

Hi guys i feel a little stupid posting this and asking for help anyway what it is i have been cleaning windows for sometime now and have a good round together. I was working away today and someone stopped me and asked if i could do there windows for them so i said yes no probs as i finished he came out and we had a chatt and got on to talking about his guttering soffits and fascia boards and could i clean them the next time im around i said yes i will do a quote and let him no but the problem is i haven't got a clue on how much to charge or how to work a price out do you guys work it out by the meter if so how much is the going rate per meter .Its the first job i have been offered like this and dont really want to let it go plus hes a new monthly customer and said he has a few more houses i can do for him if i want them /emoticons/smile.png .So im sorry to be asking for help on this but i dont no where to start thanks for any info given it will be much appreciated .........

Could you get the house on google streetview? Post it in here. That way people will be able to give you a good price. I wouldnt over charge him if theres a chance he can get you more mork

I read somewhere that about 3 quid a meter is what some charge, frankly I just pluck a figure out the air, but am usually a bit too cheap

I puck one up today myself i reckon for a normal 3 bed semi depending on how dirty they are and if they gutters are full of dirt etc you would be looking at around £40.

The one i puck up today was from a reccomendation so i knew straight away the job was mine so priced at £60 but he has got a forrest growing in them .

I charge on how much time it will take me /emoticons/smile.png

I cleaned a house i do for £7.00 and he wanted his gutters cleaning..... and i charged an extra £3.00 and it toke me about 5-7 minutes to do ! /emoticons/smile.png

So just work it out on time that way at least your reasonable /emoticons/smile.png

I try and stay over £15.00 per hour /emoticons/smile.png

Minimum is £12.00 per hour /emoticons/smile.png

FROM CARDIFF MK

WHY?
I know someone in my area with that business name lol.

I charge on how much time it will take me /emoticons/smile.png

I cleaned a house i do for £7.00 and he wanted his gutters cleaning..... and i charged an extra £3.00 and it toke me about 5-7 minutes to do ! /emoticons/smile.png

So just work it out on time that way at least your reasonable /emoticons/smile.png

I try and stay over £15.00 per hour /emoticons/smile.png

Minimum is £12.00 per hour /emoticons/smile.png
You charged 3 pound for cleaning his gutters?

I know someone in my area with that business name lol.

You charged 3 pound for cleaning his gutters?
Yeah he wanted his back garden gutters cleaning.... it was onlky a short length though... and it toke me just over 5 minutes to do them /emoticons/smile.png

so i called it an extra £3.00 /emoticons/smile.png

I charge by how long it will take me /emoticons/smile.png

H that's far too cheap even for where you live mate, you need to charge more I wouldn't do that for £3 even a short length

How much should i charge then ? ? its a short length of gutter mate... people think your ripping them off if you just do ti withi n5 minutes and charge them quie a bit ! lol

/emoticons/mellow.png I had 1 customer who wanted her fascias and soffits cleaning i said an extra £2 quid she said no way ! she wanted it cheaper ! she said its easy for u with that brush i go it looks easy but its all hard work love !

I would not do fascia and soffits for less than £30, these are the little extras that earn you decent money mate

Hmmm well the women that i quoted for £2.00 lived in a bungalow and the sofiat and fascia was not much at all... wouldof toke me like 2 minutes ! lol

But from now on im going to stick to a policy : and thats a minimum of £3.00 for any add on /emoticons/smile.png

no matter how small it is.

Paul my cousins house is massive and their window cleaner cleans their house for £4.00 ! hes wfp aswell ! seriously their house should be priced at £8.50 all day long.

My area is very strange mate... theirs some legit traders about who are doing houses for cheap and i mean cheap... for my hosues that are 7-8 pound... their doing them for 4 pound !

But theirs some other window cleaners that are charging like £8.50 for the houses that i charge £7.00 for.... so i think im just standard /emoticons/tongue.png

Lol its shocking how low the prices are.... i dont know how they cope with those low prices !

But i asked my cousin.... do they do the frames and sills... she seemed a bit unsure... she goes i dont think so /emoticons/wacko.png so i go what about your door ? she goes oh no no.... i go garage door ? she goes nop...

I clean all frames,sills & doors and garage doors as standard... if customers dont want their garage door cleaning i still clean it regardless. takes a few minutes and thats job done mate

Hmmm well the women that i quoted for £2.00 lived in a bungalow and the sofiat and fascia was not much at all... wouldof toke me like 2 minutes ! lol

But from now on im going to stick to a policy : and thats a minimum of £3.00 for any add on /emoticons/smile.png

no matter how small it is.

Paul my cousins house is massive and their window cleaner cleans their house for £4.00 ! hes wfp aswell ! seriously their house should be priced at £8.50 all day long.

My area is very strange mate... theirs some legit traders about who are doing houses for cheap and i mean cheap... for my hosues that are 7-8 pound... their doing them for 4 pound !

But theirs some other window cleaners that are charging like £8.50 for the houses that i charge £7.00 for.... so i think im just standard /emoticons/tongue.png

Lol its shocking how low the prices are.... i dont know how they cope with those low prices !

But i asked my cousin.... do they do the frames and sills... she seemed a bit unsure... she goes i dont think so /emoticons/wacko.png so i go what about your door ? she goes oh no no.... i go garage door ? she goes nop...

I clean all frames,sills & doors and garage doors as standard... if customers dont want their garage door cleaning i still clean it regardless. takes a few minutes and thats job done mate
I also have that problem where I am, Someone people dont mind, I just explain that II have insurance, licence, tax, H&S courses etc etc to pay. I explain that theres is a lot of window cleaning companys working illegal out there. They can afford to clean there windows and do gutter cleaning for x amount of money, Me Im tottaly legal, So you have nothing to worry about at all. Most are happy with that. Someone people also like to see your cirtificates. Put there mid a rest.

Or you could when pricing guttering jobs just say, Its a dangerous job, very high. You have to pay extra insuranc etc etc. I

If someones wants there gutters cleaned I take min 25, When you have a higher income from your windows start pricing the jobs higher

Thanks lads for all your help just one last question when you say £3 to £4 a meter is that the gutter fascia and soffit per meter or just gutter .just like to say a big congrats to mark m on his v.i.p member keep up the good work mark and thanks for your help mate all the best fuggy..........

Hey fuggy.. Are you needing to clean interior guttering and washing exterior fascia and sofits?

For interior, I go for £10 per side of average houses, extensions conservatories be extra.

For fascia, I'd be looking £20 per side

I hate giving quotes without seeing the job.. But you should get front and back done in 1.5/2hours

Latest Posts

Back