Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting work at 6pm tonight...!

Jake

Gonna do a few bits and bobs this morning, then I'm off to work at 6pm (right at dinner time) to clean the outsides of this beast:View attachment 4546

Doesn't look that big, but it's glass all the way round on all 4 sides, absolutely no gaps, just all glass,

We did the insides last week, but I had a work mate with me for that, gotta get this done by 9pm! 3 hours to hammer it out on me jack jones!

Why they won't let me do it in the day is beyond me - health and saftey cr@p!

Anyways, think of me whilst your all sitting down with ya dinner...

Here's another pic, got those annoying sun shades...

Check out the 'proud' boss :rofl:

View attachment 4547

Gonna have to do all the tops beifre starting the middle row, otherwise there's gonna be a serious amount of drippage :(

We have a couple of jobs we can only do when there is no one about. I prefer that TBH. If that's a business premises I would have opted for a Saturday or Sunday.

How are you going to clean the glass behind those shades?

Yeah I normally do my offices jobs early morning, and even while people are there at work, it doesn't seem to bother the other office owners, this is a first for me!

I'm not doing the front of the building where the slats are, as for the rest, they are actually easily reachable, the sun slats are at the top of each window so it's not in the way of the pole...

I'll just be standing further back to avoid hitting the sun slats

Yeah I normally do my offices jobs early morning, and even while people are there at work, it doesn't seem to bother the other office owners, this is a first for me!
I'm not doing the front of the building where the slats are, as for the rest, they are actually easily reachable, the sun slats are at the top of each window so it's not in the way of the pole...

Who gets to clean the solar panels? /emoticons/smile.png

That seems a big job to do on your own for sure in just 3 hours working around a floor at a time to reduce drippage and all. I take it you will also have to wash and rinse down every panel of glass below each pane of clear glass too as you work?

How much pure water do you recon you will use on that one?

Will you be just using a van mount tank or a pure on demand type system?

That seems a big job to do on your own for sure in just 3 hours working around a floor at a time to reduce drippage and all. I take it you will also have to wash and rinse down every panel of glass below each pane of clear glass too as you work?

Van mount smurf, I have a 750l tank,

I've done bigger jobs on me own, at the end of the day I've told the caretaker that it's not gonna be perfect due to the style of windows etc etc, and he's happy for me to just do what I can...

The opaque panels will just be left, haven't got time to dickie about doing them, caretaker knows that.

Oh and I work fast smurf, very fast;)

Is it a first clean?
Not a first clean, but a yearly clean, so there pretty filthy...

Last window cleaner was cr@p...

I'm gonna push for a regular clean that's for sure...

The weather is awful here at the mo so let’s hope you don't get too wet tonight. The gusting winds are not very good for high pole work either.

Good luck @Jake & don't forget to let us know how you get on. :thumbsup:

3 hours to do that? Are you doing 3 or 4 sides of it Jake? You say you are doing 4 sides then you say you are doing 3 :confused:

I'm fooked If I could do all that lot properly in just 3 hours myself. I would want a nap in between doing each side just to recoup my strengh. /emoticons/biggrin.png

3 hours to do that? Are you doing 3 or 4 sides of it Jake? You say you are doing 4 sides then you say you are doing 3 :confused:
I never said I was doing 3 sides??

Doing whole lot, 4 sides, if I can't get it done tonight it's no biggie, I can pop back tomorrow evening as well, and the day after that, and the day after that, and...

I'm fooked If I could do all that lot properly in just 3 hours myself. I would want a nap in between doing each side just to recoup my strengh. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Yeah but I'm 26 smurf, your 108... So...

I'll report back later how I got on, gonna grab some grub then get myself psyched up!

Eye of the tiger playing all the way there I think... :thumbs:

I never said I was doing 3 sides??
Doing whole lot, 4 sides, if I can't get it done tonight it's no biggie, I can pop back tomorrow evening as well, and the day after that, and the day after that, and...

Oh, that read that you are leaving the front to me.

Good luck, see you on here 21:30 prompt /emoticons/tongue.png

Just spoken to the caretaker, I've postponed it till tomorrow because as smurf said, it's starting to blow an absolute gale here now! Wasn't bad at all an hour ago, but really whipping up a gale now!

Looks like ill be drinking me beer after all!:cheers:

Oh, that read that you are leaving the front to me.
Good luck, see you on here 21:30 prompt /emoticons/tongue.png
Ah sorry mate, I meant just the slats in the middle part...!

Latest Posts

Back