Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Halfords

Vince Green

Just a little story for you. My lockable ladder clamp finally gave out. Its been in use for many years and the thread in the bolt was so worn it stripped. So off to Halfords who wanted £31 odd for a pair.

That seemed too dear to me so I gave it a miss and got a pair off ebay last night for £12.50. They are new and identical to the ones Halfords were selling.

Whats the matter with Halfords these days? The place is as big as an aircraft hanger, about six staff working in the store and I was the only customer in there and I didn't buy anything.

The last few times I have been in there I have been put off by their prices. They must be suffering from the competition on the internet. A lot of the cleaning products that were useful for pressure washing and conservatorys seems to have gone as well.

Yer halfords are expensive on some things, but also the Internet has a lot of cheaply made stuff that's reflective in the price! Cheaply made with cheap products, and they have to look the same otherwise the part wouldn't fit!

You get what you pay for these days,

Damo's hit the nail!

Halfrauds!

Buy cleaning stuff for car in there, and filters for the car and that's about it.

I wanted a big funnel, they always seem quiet. Brought some jubilee clips ages ago, think that was the last thing I brought from halfords. I got my ladder clamps from B&Q they were about £17. Probably be the next one to go bust

Last time I went to halford was for some prong things to take stereo out of my Laguna, went in found em they were like 10 or 12 quid if U know what im on bout they R about 50p worth. So I thought sod that I ain't paying that, went to counter asked woman "if I buy these and they don't fit can I bring em back?" yeah that fine. So I went out to car took stereo out. Went back in. " nah they dont fit"

They are good for changing headlight bulbs.

I paid £16 to have a bulb fitted. Alternative according to Haynes manual was remove most of the front of the car!

Yer halfords are expensive on some things, but also the Internet has a lot of cheaply made stuff that's reflective in the price! Cheaply made with cheap products, and they have to look the same otherwise the part wouldn't fit!

You get what you pay for these days,
The clamps arrived this morning, if anything they are better than the ones in Halfords. A big thumbs up for Midland Ladders who sold them.

I went to homebase for a set of ladder clamps a good while ago. They are assembled and not cable tied together, and we're the last pair.. I got to the till, Asian woman, £60 please.. I was like what! They say £30 ( I know £30 was a lot but needed them ) she goes yes but you have 2.. 2 30s £60.. They come in pairs!! No £30 each you got nectar card? Bye bye...

They are good for changing headlight bulbs.

I paid £16 to have a bulb fitted. Alternative according to Haynes manual was remove most of the front of the car!
the place round the corner from me fit bulbs for free there called wilco motorsave

The clamps arrived this morning, if anything they are better than the ones in Halfords. A big thumbs up for Midland Ladders who sold them.
well u didnt say you got them from a proper ladder supplier, you just said off ebay! lol

well u didnt say you got them from a proper ladder supplier, you just said off ebay! lol
It was off ebay, I didn't know it was from Midland Ladders until they arrived. Another little bonus, when I unpacked them properly they had included two padlocks as well.

It was off ebay, I didn't know it was from Midland Ladders until they arrived. Another little bonus, when I unpacked them properly they had included two padlocks as well.
thats good then! at least from that placeyou know they are good ones!

Back