Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brass pencil jets size

davewindowcleaner

I am looking to try larger brass pencil jets size for my brushes. The biggest one I can find is gardiner 3mm.

Can you get a sightly bigger jets than 3mm somewhere else?

Thanks

3mm jets are twice the size of 2mm jets. We found we wasted too much water with 3mm jets as we turned the flow up higher to get a better stream. Rinsing was great though.

In the early days we used jets like these

http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/pencil-5mm3mm-brass-each-p-1145.html?cPath=168_52

There was enough 'meat' on the jets for you to drill them out to 3.5mm if you were careful. I wouldn't go any more than that though.

My thinking was the 3mm jets or more would make rinsing better and get the job done quicker.

Yeah I can see I would lose a lot more water if I took my time rinsing like I do with a smaller jets

What water flow rate do you want to work with? Can you turn you water flow rate up? Depending on the pump 2mm pencil jets can give a flow rate from zero to 4 litres a minute. You might be averaging around 3 litres per minute depending on the hose size, length and height.

Back