Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum Charges (for one off's)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

I know it's all been said and done before but last week we have a new policy.

As from last week we have a minimum charge of £25 now.

Regardless of size, area etc. When i say area! Even if it's next door to a house i am cleaning.

We have also started to choose what work we take on now. If it sounds like a pain i say not interested.

One woman last year asked about 15 questions.

Will the brush damage this? Will it do that? What about drips? After she said all that on the phone i just said WFP is not what you need. You need a trad cleaner. She agreed. She asked to come round and quote and i said we don't do it any more lol! (we do, only for commercial though)

£25 minimum..what size houses arenthey Damo?

Wouldn't get that round here for most average houses

Fed up of losing out. Even a two up two down house can take close to an hour WFP to get perfect.

Even when you charge double. It's not enough. In an ideal world. It needs to be x4 to cover the job.

Would be way quicker to get ladders out but I don't like doing ladder work now. Simple as that lol.

So at £25 min charge I can sort the dross out straight out. If it's a massive house. Then it's not £25 lol. It's just absolute minimum.

Hi Simon,

its the driving to the job, then losing time driving to next job. Explaining system, problem windows. Windows are usually beyond shocking. Setting up/packing away.

Not everyone one takes an hour, just they can if you aint carful.

It's funny you should post this @Damo. Was thinking to myself that I'd like my windows cleaned, but probably not fussed about them enough to warrant a regular clean (I realise I have sinned saying that in here!)

Then thought to myself about how inconvenient and frustrating customers who only want a one-off clean are to you guys, and thought I'd be willing to pay around £25 for a one off clean.

So your pricing must be there or there abouts! Then again, most customers won't be as au fait with the ways of the windie /emoticons/smile.png

That's good damo, I've started doing the same, I get a lot of end tenancy cleans through the website, and I now charge £40 minimum no matter what the size,

Did a upstairs maisonette only yesterday for £40, surprisingly the bloke thought that price was fine!

Was fed up of being called out for 10 odd quid, so decided to make a stand lol

Do you charge a similar amount for first cleans as well Damo?

£25 is actually the figure that I have been using for a a first clean or one offs for a 'normal sized 2/3 bed house'

Just quoted that face to face with someone 10 mins ago who decided it was too much but the back windows were minging so I wasn't bothered.

'But the last window cleaner did it for £8'

'Well give him a buzz and if it doesn't work out then I will be more than happy to pop back. Have a nice day'

25-35 is my go to figure for most normal small houses too. Makes first cleans proffitable then instead of just being a **** about.

Hi Simon,
its the driving to the job, then losing time driving to next job. Explaining system, problem windows. Windows are usually beyond shocking. Setting up/packing away.

Not everyone one takes an hour, just they can if you aint carful.
yeah good point damo, im a bit **** at adding travel & set up times into my pricing

im doing a first clean tomorrow at the bottom of my road £10 & im feeling a bit guilty cos a mate has most of the other houses round me & he's £6/7 lol

It's like today. I have worked out a conservatory roof clean i have coming up has taken about 30 mins off my time already and i haven't even cleaned the dam thing. Pictures/emails and then inspection.

Still it will be one of the best jobs i have landed in a long time. I should get it i hope /emoticons/smile.png

not so many one offs but yep I agree..£25 usually end of term rentals....last two priced at that I didnt get but who wants em anyway

I hate first cleans anyway or one offs..its not safe as you dont know whats lurking....

when I went to price the one Im doing on monday..£25 ...£!5 normally....a coping stone came off lucky I didnt break it...and...

the fecking gate handle came off locking me in...lucky I managed to get it back on...but...

you never know what can happen on new cleans..once you have done em a few times you know where to stand in safety...

now if cheapies luck holds...and it does sound promising....no one will be in...

its funny in a way as its directly opposite a bungalow I used to do which I have dropped as its too much mither...

well I have to play with the dog and its a nice dog but really I have a dog at home to play with.....no....its not the wife...:eek:

I have a woman mithering for inside to be done but my new policy is double for insides as I dont like em and you may not get asked to clean it again for ages...

although ..its the same price...IN THE RAIN..

if its regular fair enough same price../emoticons/biggrin.png

cheapie really happy as he MAY HOPEFULLY be off tomorrow...and so...can at last clean his own feckin windows...nearly asked a windie to do em for me the other day:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back