Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pretty Cool

WCF

Help Support WCF:

that looks great mk i done this just after last xmas it was done less than a week and got a cheeky call from the council saying i needed permission he was going to fine me but lucky enough i managed to talk the clown around . now im in ireland so it could be completely different in scotland

that looks great mk i done this just after last xmas it was done less than a week and got a cheeky call from the council saying i needed permission he was going to fine me but lucky enough i managed to talk the clown around . now im in ireland so it could be completely different in scotland
Nah all councils are the same, What was the fine for? All your really doing is cleaning a surface

u need permission to do that ? /emoticons/wacko.png
my reply when I get a phone call about it.

''Im sorry. I didnt know. Im only 22 years old. I was told by someone it was legal as you are really only cleaning a surface. Im sorry it wont happen again, please dont fine me, I only started my business in feburary and its not really going well. Ive still got a lot to learn''

ill just make sure I it about 10X in high traffic areas lol

he threatened me with a 100euro fine . he was going on about defacing council property . i ve heard also if i wanted to put up some posters it can only be within a 1 mile radius from my home

he threatened me with a 100euro fine . he was going on about defacing council property . i ve heard also if i wanted to put up some posters it can only be within a 1 mile radius from my home
Loophole! I like it, I wonder if its the same here I got told 40 quid per sign fine lol

looks so good as if youve spray painted it /emoticons/smile.png

how long do you think it will last for and is the wooden sign reusable? is there any damage to it from the high pressure water?

looks so good as if youve spray painted it /emoticons/smile.png

how long do you think it will last for and is the wooden sign reusable? is there any damage to it from the high pressure water?
There was a few chips but its deffo re useable. I plan and painting it to water seal it. Not sure how long it will last, Ive been thinking what I could use to strenthen it up?

no council can fine you for cleaning the pavement,lots of large companies actually do it in city centre etc,the loophole is it is not permant and as long as you only use water and no chemical it is fine,i did alot of reserch into it,the worst that can happen is you mayy get a fine if you tak your van into a non trafic area.companies are currently charging about £400 per sign,i had a quote for a aluminum stencil of £130 but it is smaller than yours

no council can fine you for cleaning the pavement,lots of large companies actually do it in city centre etc,the loophole is it is not permant and as long as you only use water and no chemical it is fine,i did alot of reserch into it,the worst that can happen is you mayy get a fine if you tak your van into a non trafic area.companies are currently charging about £400 per sign,i had a quote for a aluminum stencil of £130 but it is smaller than yours
Mines cost about 35 quid. 20 for the wood and the rest I bought drink for they guy that cut it.

Back