Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

am i out of order?

I don't think i explained properly

It was a first clean booked with Neil and she messaged him saying don't bother I've had them done as he was about to go round there

She didn't want to pay the 1st clean of £15 by the sound of it

Neil messaged me to ask had i cleaned them

I hadn't but she had lied to him and then started shopping around and asked me for a quote

Showed her colours before we had done it

View attachment 7567 Fair play @daveyboy.

It's like @daveyboy said. She asked me for a quote which she accepted. I spoke to her and arranged to get to her at the end of last week or the beginning of this week which she was happy with. Then I got a message from her this morning when I was on my way to her saying that she'd had them done already.

If people want to treat us like some faceless national company, then they can be expected to get treated like just another number. Good on you both. I'm sure there will be someone come on in a moment telling us that every customer should be treated like a delicate snowflake, but you did good in my eyes.

Only thing you did wrong was call her an out right liar (IMO) I would have been more delicate and said something like 'No problem, but as Adams has explained to there will be a first clean excess charge so it will be £15, plus I am only booking new customers that pay six monthly in advance' Or some BS like that, you know what the world is like with social media, next thing here pikey mates will all b e making you and Adams out to be the villains.

I had one a few weeks back, I was supposed to do it on the Friday AM, however I had a call from a big commercial and they wanted me to quote them up on the Friday AM. I called and explained the situation and she said I couldn't do any other day that week, I even offered to pop out on the Saturday or (unheard of) Sunday so as to compensate her for her understanding.

Now remember this is not last minute, this is on the Tuesday so I am giving her options as to when I can re-book her

'Don't worry about it she says, she will call back when she has worked out when'

20 mins later I pull up on a job and another local windy is across the street. It goes like this.....

'All right Darren' --- 'You do several on Fenchurch St, Do you know number 17?' (Street name changed to protect the scum)

'Yes mate, I know it, why's that?'

'She just called saying her regular windy has let her down and can I take over doing them, is it a big house? I thought they were down that way and she says he does the garage door as well and only charges her £25, I said I'd go look later'

'That's nice of her, she actually pays £55 and yes I do do the garage door'

'Oh' says my mate, looking embarrassed.

'Don't sweat it mate, you weren't to know' and then I relayed the entire tale to him.

'Oh' he says, takes out his mobile and makes a call 'Hello Mrs Finnegan it's Toms Window cleaners, you must be mistaken, I just spoke to Darren your window cleaner and he charges you £55 not £25 and do you not think it would be polite to tell him your dismissing him before looking elsewhere?'

'That's strange' he says 'She just hung up'

We laughed, cleaned some windows and neither of us ever cleaned it again.

It is totally demoralizing when custies are like that, then they wonder why all they can get is the beer token brigade.

This is why I am moving everything to just commercial contract cleans now, had enough of the nickle and dime mentality of the residential game.

She's lucky it was @boarcity would have probably burnt down the house whilst she slept! /emoticons/smile.png) J/K

theres a new blocking button on facebook biz page - its a real godsend. where you can get rid of her totally so she cannot see your page nor write anything sh/tty

i had a new customer message me that "why hadnt we cleaned her windows?"- yet she stood outside watching us AND chatting to us as we did the job not 2 hours previous. this block button put paid to her games

allways the same guys very little loyalty these days its hard not to take these personally i've had it a lot recently hard when starting up i've been getting umm forget the windows this time and i'm on holiday next month don't bother ! this is why ive been pushing my power washing side of buisness the best money and no messing about and never waiting to get paid

i've had jobs on council esattes where people have paid £135 having there concrete drive pressure washed taking 2 hours and when i mention a £10 window clean as i'm very often working in that area they shut down and say o yeah um i will have to ask the boss indoors and they never get back to me i don't get the logic /emoticons/biggrin.png

No one she was telling porky pies to fob Neil off as she thought she could get it cheaper as i had quoted without a first clean price

I don't agree in undercutting anybody

Especially when it's a mate

Fair enough i never knew Neil's price or that he was supposed to do it until it came up in conversation earlier on the phone but it still is not the right thing to do

Also it is obvious she is quite capable of pulling the same trick on me

I don't agree in undercutting anybodyEspecially when it's a mate

Fair enough i never knew Neil's price or that he was supposed to do it until it came up in conversation earlier on the phone but it still is not the right thing to do

Also it is obvious she is quite capable of pulling the same trick on me
She definitely seems the sort who'd drop you as soon as someone cheaper comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Business is business

Happens in every industry I would try not to take it personally in the words of David Grohl 'DONE DONE AND AM ON TO THE NEXT ONE '

Latest Posts

Back