Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Day rate?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mhindlewcs

Had a call on Wednesday of a studio who make tv commercials and film presentations and stuff like that. Anyway he tells me ther filming through an 8ft by 4ft piece of glass and ther going to be drawing onit with glass markers? Thers led lights running round the edge of the glass so absolutely everything shows up. They want me ther all day on Friday to clean after each presentation. He asked me how much do I charge day rate I said I do 200 plus a day on my own he said £150 I said £165 seems easy enough money to me or should I have stuck at my price? Kicking myself abit

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had a call on Wednesday of a studio who make tv commercials and film presentations and stuff like that. Anyway he tells me ther filming through an 8ft by 4ft piece of glass and ther going to be drawing onit with glass markers? Thers led lights running round the edge of the glass so absolutely everything shows up. They want me ther all day on Friday to clean after each presentation. He asked me how much do I charge day rate I said I do 200 plus a day on my own he said £150 I said £165 seems easy enough money to me or should I have stuck at my price? Kicking myself abit

If you've got nowt else on then go for it. They might have a catering van onsite :balloondance:

Had the same with the filming of fred clause and batman at local hangers.

I got £95 day rate! That was a few years ago.

I hear "some" people made a killing by selling props though :whistle:

Your rates your rate ...cant haggle the price of a pint down in a pub so it don't happen To me either.

As said depends on if you have plenty on or not still good money.

But I'd be looking at 200 to 250 a day

A few years a go I spent a day on a photo shoot for the new fiesta van. Had to be there by 10. They wanted me to guide their model to clean windows properly in the background of the fiesta. Paid me £250 for the day. And we were done by 12!! 2 hours plus travelling 30 miles each way. Easy day.

Half 8 til half 4 I was abit peed off with myself for not sticking by my price but end of the day it's still decent money and he mentioned future work so could be onto something. Got everything wrapped up today so all good
I'd want 200 then. for 150 I would expect to be done by 2

I find for most things 30 an hour is what I aim for

Your target day rate is good if you're working all the time. If your option was to sit about doing nowt or take £35 below your target then it's a no brainer to me. Remember some people have to work nearly 3 days to achieve your lower figure.
Couldn't agree more mate still really good money for easy work if I did turn it down that would be just stupid

f0cc48e59f2f6abca55d44d40fc4103d.jpg
anyway here I am

Back