Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got A Big Call Today :o

harunh

He left me an email then gave me 2 missed calls... i rang him back.... and he said hes putting out a contract for 2 newly built buildings in a specific area... he goes to me that hes the contract manager and he wants a reasonable price and he said he wants a method statement etc

He also said that hes in charge of the elictrical and all that.. i never really understood him at first he was to professional for me lol but i acted professional back i was like oh so your putting a tender out he was like yeah yeah

1 building is 5 storeys high.... /emoticons/ohmy.png

Also i asked him when the contract starts... he said to me in novemeber for a 15 month period

He found me on google aswell he said

Im gonna go now and price these 2 buildings up

the 5 storey high building is every week

and the other building is every month

lol good luck 2 me /emoticons/tongue.png

Beware of "eggs in one basket". If you are tied to one big contract every week if it goes wrong for whatever reason, you could be stuck. Or you could be forced down the route of taking on others to cope with this.

Have you done 5 storey work yet? Be interested to know how easy, or otherwise, it is.

In the words of my old games teacher "Have a do, son! " /emoticons/biggrin.png

need a cherry picker etc... and i got no licesne very big step for me... am going to pass this job on to someone else cos to run this work.. im going to have to pay to hire someone a lot of overheads... and its like me jumping from level 1 to level 10... i just started window cleaning mate 4 months ago.... cant take a big step like this yet... not ready for it /emoticons/mellow.png awh well /emoticons/tongue.png

Belfast mate check the photo out yaself on the other thread mate cherrypicker is essential

H where is the picture.......let me have a look at it, I can give you advice on this. We do 5 storey easy with WFP. Dont pass it on yet bud.

My mate has just bought an 80ft pole! Now that is going some!!!!

H where is the picture.......let me have a look at it, I can give you advice on this. We do 5 storey easy with WFP. Dont pass it on yet bud.

My mate has just bought an 80ft pole! Now that is going some!!!!
I've seen pics and poles can't be used on then due the the design of the building

do you know where the pics are mate....... need to see this. Am sure there will be options on it..... I would never pass this on though. Just do what you can and sub out what your cant.....

he emailed me them to have a look at.

One building it a full glass fronted one, about 5-6 storey high, but half way up there is a square block of glass that comes out of the building and there is no way of getting to the glass just about it from the floor.

Other one is like a mini shard building with metal frames all the way round it, looks about 2ft off the glass face.

One thing to ALWAYS remember on jobs like this. Everyone who quotes it will have the same issues.

I would give 2 prices on such jobs:

1st price include everything that you can get to with WFP.

Then explain issues.

2nd Price with addition cleaning.

9 times out of 10 the customer will go with the 1st price. If they want the 2nd price then they're prob not cost sensitive and you can charge what it takes to do the job.

Obviously each to their own, but the more tricky the job the more they usually pay as they will always get people who dont want to do it.

We always do well on these types of jobs because we will ALWAYS price them and give the customer a solution. That is want customers want. Solutions.

H if you read this, email me the pics mate. If you've already wlked away from it.... No worries mate.

I've seen pics and poles can't be used on then due the the design of the building
H, RC kindly sent photos across.

I can help you on this if you want mate (not do the job - Just offer advice for you).

There's no way I would pass this one bud. its a dream job mate. Big big bucks there for you H. Take it with both hands.....

Let me know if I can help mate......

Mega impressed you got the enquiry..... these types of guys usually go to big well established companies so BIG bonus points to you mate for even having a bite at it..... Well done mate!

hey mate thanks for the advice and i think the solution pricing is a very good idea /emoticons/smile.png

/emoticons/biggrin.png so they know your not ripping them off etc

i think ill do this mate

thanks alott /emoticons/tongue.png

so msg me and tell me what i should say when i quote the price

put it in professional words for me mate /emoticons/smile.png

thanks alot

Sounds like a great contract to get /emoticons/smile.png

It's also a great opportunity to network and, possibly, gain new business via referrals!...

Good job /emoticons/smile.png

Sounds like a great contract to get /emoticons/smile.png

It's also a great opportunity to network and, possibly, gain new business via referrals!...

Good job /emoticons/smile.png

yep true mate

Good luck on this one mate and yeah subcontract it out if you cant manage it dont pass it up!

Latest Posts

Back