Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Skytec argon thermal grip gloves

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I found they kept my hands nice and warm whilst using me ali gutter poles etc as get freezing cold in winter. So now after trying them out I’ve decided they are my pole gloves I will keep for that sole purpose as you do.

I find anything but the thinnest gloves are usually way too warm for me when doing physical work, so with those gloves being rated to below 50deg I dont think i'd get on with those too well. I'ff keep em in mind for when I'm getting pi$$ed around the campfire though. :thumbsup:

My ali gutter poles are stored in a galvanized steel pull down pipe box on the roof of the van so they tend to get a wee bit cold especially after being stored in sub zero temps. Same goes for the ladders on the roof of the van too.

I find anything but the thinnest gloves are usually way too warm for me when doing physical work, so with those gloves being rated to below 50deg I dont think i'd get on with those too well. I'ff keep em in mind for when I'm getting pi$$ed around the campfire though. :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm the same with ladders mate, even on the coldest days often I just use the gloves to warm my hands up in the van and they're fine for a house or two after that.

dont u think its incredibly mild this year . was frosty outside this morning but it wasnt cold , i was wearing just socks while washing my van

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes it is but I still can get very cold hand working in the wet when the temp is low.

That reminds me I need to get a replacement gas water heater for wfp work as keeps my hands nice and warm too.

dont u think its incredibly mild this year . was frosty outside this morning but it wasnt cold , i was wearing just socks while washing my van

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use those Argon gloves too on cold days. They are good even if they get wet inside. Great for cold gutter poles - they get freezing when the vac is on. Another local windy is using them after I lent him a pair last year.

Downside… they get smelly pretty quickly.

Funnily enough, the other gloves I use (non-thermal, just waterproof) are very much not smelly. The insides are treated with something that keeps them fresh.

Back