Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ibc Transfer hose reccomendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cottonlung

Hello. Can anybody reccomend a good 1 inch hose for transferring water from IBC tank to van? In the past ive used reinforced pond hose which lasted almost 3 years, however the last batch I bought 4 months ago has split many times and its becoming tedious mending them. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I had that pond hose for a few weeks and got sick of it splitting, then bought the clear 1" braided hose with geka fittings and its lasted over ten years! Its expensive though.

I'm sure there a probably better options but I use this one and I wouldn't imagine it splitting any time soon. It does coil up, and is heavy so depending on how far you've got to go I'd way up the options. For me it's right next to the water butt where I fill up so no issue. If I was having to go the length of a driveway I would probably look for something more flexible but at the expense of durability.

I bought some almost 7 years ago which isn't like the usual stuff with the wire going through it, it's completely plastic a bit like washing machine waste hose it has held up well over the years with just the odd pin hole over the years I had driven over and bent it in half and really abused it, this is the stuff Flexible Pond Hose I bought this brand off amazon but I can't exactly vouch for it now with been a good few years ago

I bought some almost 7 years ago which isn't like the usual stuff with the wire going through it, it's completely plastic a bit like washing machine waste hose it has held up well over the years with just the odd pin hole over the years I had driven over and bent it in half and really abused it, this is the stuff Flexible Pond Hose I bought this brand off amazon but I can't exactly vouch for it now with been a good few years ago
I got this a couple of years ago on IG recommended very good and extra lightweight recently got a couple of small splits so decided to get the pure freedom tri-band 25mm transfer hose which is heavy duty but a lot heavier and not as easy to manage. only had it a few weeks but can see this lasting as only gets used once a day the lightweight coiled hose always had the slightest leak where the plastic trigger noozle was attached either using the correct fitting or jubilee clips.

Got a good quality nozzle now from AliExpress which is brilliant even as a water meter on it that’s not really required but even so if people are monitoring their water would come in handy, no more drips

Much better than these cheap plastic nozzle pumps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 11
I got this a couple of years ago on IG recommended very good and extra lightweight recently got a couple of small splits so decided to get the pure freedom tri-band 25mm transfer hose which is heavy duty but a lot heavier and not as easy to manage. only had it a few weeks but can see this lasting as only gets used once a day the lightweight coiled hose always had the slightest leak where the plastic trigger noozle was attached either using the correct fitting or jubilee clips.

Got a good quality nozzle now from AliExpress which is brilliant even as a water meter on it that’s not really required but even so if people are monitoring their water would come in handy, no more drips

Much better than these cheap plastic nozzle pumps
I do get the odd issue but just using self-amalgamating tape to do repairs works a treat, my thinking is that around the nozzle would be a weak point as it's likely to split there I don't use a nozzle myself so although sometimes wish I did as the smart plug doesn't always switch off with the app so I've had to pull the hose out and drop it on the floor

How much are those nozzles it might be worth getting one and save me flooding the van when the smart plug plays up

Think it was approx £30 with delivery and vat if you look on AliExpress.com normally takes between 7 and 21 days from China, don’t be tempted by the plastics have had a few of them this nozzle is on another level.

Latest Posts

Back