Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making the Moeman swivel feel more solid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fenderjaguar

I really like this squeegee handle. I know most of you won't be bothered about this, although you might be as the joint gets more worn with more play in it, but to me the joint which switches between 0 and 40 degree feels a little wobbly.

So I stuck these 4 rubber feet on the handle side. It put the handle into direct contact with the hinge now, which takes the play away. It also makes the swivel tightener much grippier and easier to finger tighten. Unfortunately, it takes away the automatic keying in of the hande into the centre position.

View attachment 4132

View attachment 4133

There is only three setting any way.This way you can tighten the swivel at any position you like./emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png
Should say thank you to you actualy, since this was kind of influenced by your mod herman. I think your mod would probably be better for people using the swivel anyway. Mine would be better for people just wanting to switch between 0 and 40, but have a more solid feel to the hinge/joint.

I don't think mine is so great for the free swivel, unless you round the sharp edges of the rubber off

Well like I said, I was only really interested in using it locked into the centre position by hand, and with straight pulls on a pole. So for me, the swivel wasn't something I was going to use. I just like the ability to flick between 0 and 40, without carrying 2 handles around.

But yeah, I did have a look at turning the handle round, but for a different reason than you. I was wanting the hinge mechanism to push fairly tight up against something, and it wouldn't work like that with it the other way around.

One thing is for sure though, this thing needed a rubber washer as stock

I really like the feel of the blue black handle but prefer the action of the black swivel...come on Moerman, a bi component redesigned swivel please...
Herman is working on it Eric :laugh:

Latest Posts

Back