Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro Setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bernie

Hi dose anyone know anythink about the new merlin ro. Ie how it all works dose it just fit under the sink and ro water from my tap.also would like to know how often I would need to change filters or any parts. Sorry for sounding abit fick lol am new here and to wfp am thinking of joning you lot and become a wfp windy lolll.

Also I have looked into the di vessle but my water is 373 /emoticons/sad.png and I'm guessing that's way to hard.

Basically, water flows from your tap to an inlet on the merlin (flows through the 2 pre filters) then into the RO membrane. At the other end there is a pipe for waste water (no good let it go to a drain) and another for RO water (good straight to van or a holding tank)

You`ll need at least a hand held tds meter to test the quality of the RO water which might then need to be past through a DI vessel if you want a zero reading but it doesn`t have to be zero to get the results you`ll require.

Depending on use you might have to change the cheaper pre filters every 3 months or so, but the RO should be good for around 2 years. The tds reading will start to creep up as it gets older and start costing you more in DI resin.

Welcome to the forum.

Merlin's are ok. But they can produce pure water at quite a high PPM sometimes as high at 50/60ppm.

Yes at 373PPM it would cost a fortune in resin around about 50p a litre!!!!

Best bet is to buy a proper RO. Ideally 300GPD.

Have you got any idea on your tap pressure?

Welcome to the forum.

Merlin's are ok. But they can produce pure water at quite a high PPM sometimes as high at 50/60ppm.

Yes at 373PPM it would cost a fortune in resin around about 50p a litre!!!!

Best bet is to buy a proper RO. Ideally 300GPD.

Have you got any idea on your tap pressure?
A merlin is 720 gpd

Funny you should that, i am ring pure freedom tomorrow about the stand up 40/40 system.

Me personally if i was the OP. I would buy an RO and also rain water harvest.

Funny you should that, i am ring pure freedom tomorrow about the stand up 40/40 system.

Me personally if i was the OP. I would buy an RO and also rain water harvest.
I know you like new, but there are 2 4040 housings going cheap on ebay atm. was going to buy another one for when i get a lad working for me to set up at his end so he don`t have to call to mine to fill up.

No not really, tbh we change our filters every year ish. They seem to last for ever.

The produce RO water at 007PPM and the highest is around 010PPM

I know you like new, but there are 2 4040 housings going cheap on ebay atm. was going to buy another one for when i get a lad working for me to set up at his end so he don`t have to call to mine to fill up.
you could have a twin set up for about 500-600 quid

You should be ok with just an normal RO mate.

Need a bit more info though.

have you got customers?

How much water do you need etc......

Are you building a round?

Just starting up mate. Done a bit in me younger days when was all ladders but ladders defo not for me anymore lolll...I like the look of the wfp work so Defo planing on giving it ago. Was looking at the back pack kit everything ya need pole brush ect..but comes with a di so that's not going to be any good bk to the drawing board lol just need good start up kit for between £600/700

Mind you wife just said the cheaper the better lmaooo. And I only told her I was going to bout £500 hahaha

Bernie what is your ppm ? ,Have you got any custy yet ? how much do you think you will need a day ? you need to answer these question then hopefully we can get you a answer

Back