Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A new van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Philip

What do yous think of this as a van for wfp and traditional window cleaning? Hopefully have everything in place by the weekend. 2012 vauxhall astra van 1.7 cdti 102000 miles.

Screenshot_2017-04-04-19-12-43.png

For now.. a bit down the road (excuse the pun) and you'll be wanting a bigger van. Im just about to swap as outgrown a berlingo in a year
Flip that's quick, Im thinking cause I have a 350 flat tank it means it's really only going to take up that space as the ro battery and pump will be positioned above it so in my thinking it should leave me over half a van left for other things. Well hopefully

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Do ya think? I've only to get a flat 350l tank, pump battery r.o and pole in the back.
Just a thought, how you gonna run the reel & operate the controller with ladders on the roof? You can only open boot about 1/3 of the way.

As far as I can see the roof rack sits further forward so the ladders can sit flush with the back of the roof rack. (I hope il double check that tomorrow) thanks for pointing that out

As far as I can see the roof rack sits further forward so the ladders can sit flush with the back of the roof rack. (I hope il double check that tomorrow) thanks for pointing that out
My neighbour had one and struggled with boot access with ladders on, although they were longer then mine, might be something to think about. Just don't want you to get caught out, its the reason I didn't get 1 when offered, just to be on the safe side. Have you bought it yet?

No not bought yet just waiting on the finance coming back. When I go up to see them tomorrow il put my ladders on it and find out don't really want that hassle

have you thought of a dispatch,berlingo,combo,sure there would be more room

you could still get your ladders on top easy

you could pick them up quite cheap also

Just be aware a few months down the line you will be wanting to do all your round wfp and don't buy a van that you will be near enough maxing out it's payload everyday as if you fill the tank overnight or the night before it will put a lot of stress on the van over the longterm .

Ok I ran one of these for 3 years on trad work. Can't tell u how many times I banged my head on the tailgate getting out. Lovely van to grieve tho. Very quick. 6 speed box. Air con. Just not good for work. I have a combo now for work but also kept the Astra. I use it to go to the dump with or nip to the shops etc. not worth selling.

If you want a small van get a t230 transit connect small enough to park in tight space and as a 900 kg payload, I'm going to upgrade myself in the near future as could do with the extra space.

Cheers guys went and checked the ladders on it being flush at the back just didn't work well. Seen a few ford connects and caddys they seem the way forward thanks again guys.

Ok so I've seen a few Vauxhall combos ones £1500 1 years psv, 146000 miles good shape from what I can see in the pictures and the others £2000 1 years psv, 140000 miles and looks pretty good both 1.7 diesels. does them prices sound about the right money to be paying?

Ok so I've seen a few Vauxhall combos ones £1500 1 years psv, 146000 miles good shape from what I can see in the pictures and the others £2000 1 years psv, 140000 miles and looks pretty good both 1.7 diesels. does them prices sound about the right money to be paying?
Hi mate not sure what area you are in but I'm about to replace my Vauxhall combo with a bigger van so it's going on auto trader in next few days but if your interested? It's 2007 1.9 td only done 55k and it's pretty immaculate. Great paintwork and interior. Also has rhino ladder bars on too which will be left on.

I'm looking for about £2500 for a quick sale. Let me know if interested i would hold off putting it on autotrader.

Last edited by a moderator:
The combo is great if you get the 1.7

Whatever you do don't get the smaller engine as the timing chain tensioner oilway gets blocked and then the tensioner siezes up causing the chain to snap and turns the engine into a useless lump of scrap

The 1.7 doesn't have that issues and is a great van

Back