Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ooh, I Do Like a First Clean

So would you say 15 to 1 ratio then? When you say clouding what do you meanCheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
Patches of soapy/dirty water that haven't been rinsed properly. I've noticed when using Virosol rather than just 'pure' this can happen. It's not like spotting, it's like swirls of clouds that are unclean on the glass. Does that make sense?

Think I get what you mean is virosol OK for all glass as I'm still not 100% sure how to tell difference in the glass think self cleaning is a tint in the glass hasn't it ?

This us the only thing that bothers me about using ubick or virosol don't want to damage anything

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Most of the businesses I've been doing started in a disgusting state; framing black with whatever, grit/soot from cars completely covering the glass, sticky tape, oily ****, wax,gum, even gobs of spit.

They're hard work - first cleans - but I love seeing the transformation in the shopfront, and unlike my regular day-job - maintaining the supermarket flooring, just to see it filthy/scuffed/scratched again the next morning - the way the store owners with the most neglected windows really appear to be thankful for the job I've done.

Just be carefull with white frames

Ubik and virosol (ubik is the same stuff as virosol but with added solvents) can make old black rubbers bleed

Just make sure you give the rubber a good scrub and rinse properly and problem solved

Yea I used TFR last week and it made the seal bleed like a (MIND YOUR LANGUAGE)

Last edited by a moderator:
When you have bleeding from the rubber seals, I try not to touch them but occasionally do and have to wipe it off especially first cleans

Does giving this a good going over then stop this from happening? Would love to stop dodging it all the time

Are you trad or wfp?

Wfp i scrub the rubber well as well as the glass and then rinse and the problem has gone

Ubik/virosol causes them to bleed but only because it is taking the oxidised degraded muck off the surface and then scrubbing and rinsing removes it all

Trad is a pain as you can never seem to get it all off

Trad, only have a few problem houses on the list where its constantly smudging then I have to put the cloths to one side and use fresh ones just takes more time but I swear by cif always have a bottle in my belt but occasionally use acetone if the windows are stained grey

When you have bleeding from the rubber seals, I try not to touch them but occasionally do and have to wipe it off especially first cleans
Does giving this a good going over then stop this from happening? Would love to stop dodging it all the time
On a first clean a bucket with good soapy water and the type off brush you use for dishes, the main key is really really wet, do not allow them to dry out or try to wipe them with a rag till you have scrubbed at least three times more than you think you need.

Latest Posts

Back