Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back in the game

mark macca

Hi all been away a while had a bad accident last summer to say a slip and trip was a understatement shatterd 4 vertebrae snapped my arm in 2 places and a bit of a headache bad day at the office all for helping someone out but I'm putting my toes back in small steps for now as I'm mentally back but physically not 100% well good to be back I think

Welcome back ! Sounds like you got a real sore one there, good to hear your pulling through it and getting back out there!! Wish you luck and a speedy recovery :thumbsup:

Thanks means a lot I'm back on my feet just can't carry a backpack did my own Windows today got back on a ladder legs shaking like mad but think I got over it slow and rusty but now got the laborious task of starting a round from scratch want to be out by the end of next month just building my strength mind u tramadol do help lol

I feel your pain, 15 years ago when trad I snapped my spine in 2 places and crushed a vertebrae by 70% very close to spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

My first day out of hospital I went up a ladder to make sure I could and had no fear after 3 months off I went back to work with my brother carrying the ladder for me. I spent another 6 years trad.

Best of luck it's not just the physical ailments it's the mental stuff to work around as well.

Make the investment and go for a van or truck mount, My wife never stopped worrying and phoned me everyday until I went 100% wfp

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks means a lot I'm back on my feet just can't carry a backpack did my own Windows today got back on a ladder legs shaking like mad but think I got over it slow and rusty but now got the laborious task of starting a round from scratch want to be out by the end of next month just building my strength mind u tramadol do help lol
Good luck mate, maybe some of your old custys will have you back? Also may be a good time to think about going wfp? May be easier on the body, and no fall risk.

Have been in contact with a few and to be honest a lot have gone on and got a new windie hasn't in the mind set to contact them all when it happend and iron giant my missus phone me when I sit on the throne to make sure I'm able to get up she's partly the reason I goto get outta the house bless her driveing me mental had to get back on a ladder made me feel good and I did both wfp and trad but trad is so therapeutic I zone out and enjoy the work

trad is so therapeutic I zone out and enjoy the work
I know the feeling, maybe get a few bungalows/trad downstairs, you need to think what's best for your body, wfp will also stop the Mrs ringing every 30 seconds and being a wreck whilst your at work.

Good to hear you're getting back to it mate.

It'll take a while but you'll get there (I'm speaking from experience)

Wishing you success going forward.

Work safely :thumbsup:

I no not many bungalows were I am middle of London but ur very true I'm only 31so I'm young still and wfp is good and I don't need the old woman haveing a breakdown every other day shows she cares tho I've just always enjoyed trad thing is with her panicking it makes me nervous

I no not many bungalows were I am middle of London but ur very true I'm only 31so I'm young still and wfp is good and I don't need the old woman haveing a breakdown every other day shows she cares tho I've just always enjoyed trad thing is with her panicking it makes me nervous

I thought that my pal was footing me he took he's eye off the ball to get a light out the moter and bang I went landed right on my backside rolled slightly and snapped my arm scared the **** out of me I just went numb

Sounds nasty what has happened to you. The job isn't worth killing yourself for. Just wfp the tops n trad bottoms,best of both. I've been in agony for last 4 months, hip muscle problem I've had since about 10years old. Usually massage n stretching sorts it. But not so far. Have had treatments for it, but no good so far, end up getting up at 4am walking about, as the pain only goes away when I'm moving, so work for me is a blessing. As if I was in an office job it would be 24 hr of pain. Are you still good friends?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean mate about trad being theraputic

I wfp most stuff now for speed as i am so busy but i love my trad..wfp is just a means to an end for me

Glad you are ok as i saw you dissapeared from here and thought ooh there goes another one lol

If tradding tops for safety you only need to half fill a backpack at most for a job so not too heavy..maybe that is the way to go with 20m of hose so you can dump it at a side gate and do the whole house??

Yes we still pals only as I've not been capable of slapping him yet on a serious note yes we are he has been there for me he was having a hard time so I helped him out with a few days hear and there but he couldn't carry the work load for me or I think he would have

I think that's the way I'm going to have to go with it for now first off goto get the work back in I'm sure i will get there

Sounds nasty what has happened to you. The job isn't worth killing yourself for. Just wfp the tops n trad bottoms,best of both. I've been in agony for last 4 months, hip muscle problem I've had since about 10years old. Usually massage n stretching sorts it. But not so far. Have had treatments for it, but no good so far, end up getting up at 4am walking about, as the pain only goes away when I'm moving, so work for me is a blessing. As if I was in an office job it would be 24 hr of pain. Are you still good friends?
If ur in a lot of pain I got a cupboard full of tramadol lol no go see a physio I used to see a chiropractor for my shoulder wouldn't dare atm but I always felt better after

Was at a private physio on monday, he is writing to my gp to send me to rheumatology, as thinks it's a inflammatory back condition. Saw the NHS physio yesterday. Just given me exercises, had x rays done yesterday, so hope they work out something. I've been given solpodol n barely touches the pain. Our poor bodies. I fell of ladder three years ago on same leg I'm having hassle with, it was the day I was handing out information sheets that I would be using wfp for top windows. I had only been window cleaning for a month, very scary moment.

I have duff knee from bike accident..duff back due to slipped disc..duff other part of my back from ladder fall..rotator cuff problems from previous tear..wrist pain and real sore bicep which i suffer with all regularly..this job is great ain't it:rofl:

Back