Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark m

Not the best of days first i had to go to the dentist this morning then i had to go christmas shopping with the wife ,When i got home got a letter for speeding 36mph 3 points that is the 3rd time this year went to a driving awareness class so got 3 points off , 36mph and twice for 38mph have they not got better things to do :angry:

Drive slower then mate! /emoticons/smile.png

It is annoying I know, I got done doing 35 in a 30 this year. But 3 times in a year is getting risky!!

Your work depends on it, so worth just keeping an eye on speedo for the sake of your job. Mine taught me a lesson...but it aint easy, I have to constantly be aware cos soooo easy to creap over 30. Hard luck mate.

I got pulled yesterday, I was driving home and there was a guy doing 27/30mph on a long stretch of road. There was nothing coming down the opisite side. So I took over him I was going about 40 after I took him. Next thing I look in my mirror and theres the blue flashing lights haha. The police were behind me when I took him. I never even noticed.

I apologised about 10 times during our conversation, he let me off with it though.

Hold on a minute I thought you ha a 20% leniency due to the inaccuracies of vehicle speedos

Therefore thy can only prosecute you over 36mph

Mark!

I am young and new ish(passed in may 2011)

I was cought driving 37 in a 30 back in aprill 2012

Did a speed awareness course and that tought me a lesson.(so no points either if I speed again then ill get points, new drivers can get 6 points then there banned)

Only ever speed on routes where there is no police speed check signs or speed camera signs! /emoticons/tongue.png

No sympothy for you, you should keep an eye on speedo, like windyman says your work depends on your van surprised your not banned for cought speeding 3 times in a year mate.

Hold on a minute I thought you ha a 20% leniency due to the inaccuracies of vehicle speedos

Therefore thy can only prosecute you over 36mph
I thought it was 10% plus one or two miles over?

Which would make it 35 tops..

Does it make a difference CNS?

I had a mondeo with alloys and the speedo was def out...

My astra speedo seemed out too, but when I was messing with dashbored, putting new bulbs in I think I nudged the speedo thing..

Now it seems spot on, according to those speed light that tell you your speed and my sat nav... lol

or you can fight the case in court faulty speedo an all /emoticons/wink.png
I think that would go against you in court. responsibility of the driver to make sure the van is road worthy. I got caught on the motorway doing 56 in a 50 did the speed awareness thing but what gets my goat up is people who dont stop at zebra crossings, I was halfway across and a car just slowed down enough to just hit me but not to hard. If she was doing 30 I would of seen her coming or she would of stopped in time

Car manufacturers ensure all speedos will over-read by a couple of MPH, speedos will never under-read from the manufacturers.

They do this to cover their backs from people claiming the speedo is at fault when caught speeding.

Putting after-market wheels wether smaller or larger diameter, will alter the speedo reading.

Even just changing the tyre to a lower or higher profile can alter the speedo reading.

Here you go, have a play with some different sizes.....

http://www.alloywhee...Tyre_Calculator

Car manufacturers ensure all speedos will over-read by a couple of MPH, speedos will never under-read from the manufacturers.
Putting after-market wheels wether smaller or larger diameter, will alter the speedo reading.

Even just changing the tyre to a lower or higher profile can alter the speedo reading.

Here you go, have a play with some different sizes.....

http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator

Spot on mate, beat me to it, although most 2003+ diesels Speedos are controlled using a different type sensor which the ecu then takes the reading and works out the mph and adjusts the needle, often the maths for the computer to work this out goes adrift.

Even if you put say mondeo alloys on a mondeo that didn't have alloys or had different alloys, you speedo could still be out /emoticons/smile.png

Back