Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

microfibre

simon

to anyone who uses these instead of scrims are they the same as the ones i've just got from asda 6 for £2. i've done my house & they seem tidy

i've 2 big inside jobs this week & i can only find 2 scrims

I would say that the ones you got are ok. I personally use the 40 x 40cm blue cleaning microfiber from paragon. Fantastic for cleaning & detailing.

im guessing the ones you got are the thick weave, terry/towling type microfibres, good for sills but no good for glass, you need the fine weave microfibres, should cost between 3.50-5quid each

iv got some of the asda ones and they r alot thinner than tothers and get wet really fast, bargain for £2 but u may aswell pay a bit more and be able to work faster

Ive used the cheap microfibers and tbh i reckon they work fine for doing sills etc but for detailing i been using the scrim . as im new to this im just finding my feet with the little bits , but still i cleaned more windows than Harunh so far lol .

I reccomended paragon microfiber 40cm x 40cm. The blue ones for detailing & the green ones for leaded windows etc. £13 for 10 icl p&p. Still use scrim every now and again but the blue ones I use 1 day take em in to dry & use it the next day. Two days use before it needs washing. Well worth the dosh.

I only got one, but brought mine from a window cleaning shop that is close to me.

Wasnt sure at the time if it differs from supermarket own brand.

Thought mayaswell get from window cleaning shop, as it was bigger then the supermarkets, and like someone said its not as thin as the ones you get from the highstreet

scrim for edging, nothing beats it, absorbs better than micros on the edge and drys rapidly! a decent fine weave micro for polishing leaded windows. that is all

well i spent 4 hrs today on insides with my asda microfibre, they seemed fine on the glass but dont soak up water as well as a scrim, normally i would of used 2 scrims 1 wet & 1 dry but i used 6 microfibres 2 dry & 4 wet, both these jobs were 1 offs though

Back