Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning Good Money?

Squeak and Bubbles

Because I have such a large data base of customers and schools, I'm now going into gutter cleaning. Someone who helps me out with the large jobs has just purchased a gutter vacs machine (don't know the make) but it runs of a gen.

But... is there good money in it?!

yer I earn good money out of it I earn around £150-200 a just doing gutters I just started off with a set of ladders and a stand off and now bought a gutter vac and a few other bits to speed up the job, am trying to make this the main part of my business now as a love doing them quite a few of the windys round here despise doing them and pass them onto me I guess there like marmite you love em or hate em. but definitely worth doing there a nice little add on

i get £15 per strip round us darren say like a standard 2 bed semi £30 by hand i do it take half hour.easy money.

gutter cleaning is very good money but something i dont want to go in to /emoticons/smile.png just windows for me lol

gutter cleaning is very good money but something i dont want to go in to /emoticons/smile.png just windows for me lol
youre missing out on good money and not to be funny but for someone who hasn't been going long you must be mad to refuse work

You can earn good money but gutter clearing also is a very risky job if you dont use the right kit /emoticons/wink.png

Guttervacs have limitations too as I found out so on some jobs will be totaly useless /emoticons/biggrin.png

I had one on Friday were there was a tree in it and it was wooden gutters so the roots were really bedded in I could of swung off it

Do the gutter vacs suck up the balls ok ( /emoticons/wink.png ) or is it a hand job (and I don't mean that rude)?
yer aslong as there not too wedged in they usually take them out

Did you use ur gutter vacs or use ladders?
had to get up on the ladders and dig the roots out and try and cut them aswell that job would of never been done with a gutter vac the whole lot was solid

had to get up on the ladders and dig the roots out and try and cut them aswell that job would of never been done with a gutter vac the whole lot was solid
Cheers. Do the gutter vacs block up a lot? I don't know much about them?

they do know and then but don't usually take long to clear its usually a bit of concrete stuck in the nozzle the pipe on mine got badly blocked up on Friday but it was a really bad job would of been better doing it by hand I definitely think its worth getting a good one if your gona advertise it as one of youre services or at least get a cheaper one for the hard to reach gutters but if you do decide to get one try and book your gutter cleans all on one day they take a good 30 mins to clean down properly, if you just do one at a time it would be quicker to just do them by hand. have a look at some of these thers a few different ones to suit each pocket

http://www.polarbrite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_73

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/home.html

http://omni-guttervac.com/

What like this? /emoticons/biggrin.png

I had one on Friday were there was a tree in it and it was wooden gutters so the roots were really bedded in I could of swung off it

yer pretty much, I recon if I went in autumn there would of been apples on it found some huge lob worms up there aswell. I need to start tasking my camera with me to get some pics for website its looking a bit bare I keep forgetting thow

Do me own by hand terraced house don't know how you would get on with gutter vac as most slates make it hard getting the cra? with your hand probably similar terrace you may come across squeak and ak the awkwardness with the hand puts me off a gutter vac as you need to start putting cameras on and the likes to get job done realise not all jobs terraced and if you got some good houses it may work better

To take pics is essential part of the job as not only could be used for your website but the main reason is to see for yourself (Identify problems/issues & gap etc) then show ppl how badly blocked their guttering/downspouts are.

You will also gain more business using a camera especially on shared gutter runs. /emoticons/wink.png

Back