Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lovin It

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Priced this gutter job a few months back £190.00, so i sent my written quote away. He phones me up today and asks me when I can clean them. So Ive to do it by next Friday. I did think it was a bit expensive my self but then comparing it to the price of hiring cherry picker or scaffolding to do this, that would cost way more. I think everyone in the block is chipping in for it lol

Ive had my vac for ages but never bought the poles, I was holding back untill a job came up where I would need them. This is it.

On another not, Wee £180.00 pound a month pay rise for my self too. Put the window prices up :)

View attachment 817

well done that job should almost get you poles for nothing
Ive got a few gutter cleans on this week and next week, so ive covered the price of them. Im just going for the 32ft one just now, then if needed Ill buy more sections.

well done mate /emoticons/smile.png looks like guttering has picked up for you really well this is just the start of things mate /emoticons/smile.png

Got any pic's of the back?

Also did you do a camera survey first before giving a price to see how bad they were and to see what gap there was?

If it's going to be your first 3 storey guttervac job just warning you they can be a bloody nightmare so good luck with that.

Got any pic's of the back?

Also did you do a camera survey first before giving a price to see how bad they were and to see what gap there was?

If it's going to be your first 3 storey guttervac job just warning you they can be a bloody nightmare so good luck with that.
Im confident I wont need a camera.

Theres less that whats on the front, I can use my ladders at the back, Theres a landing at the back for people to get in to there house.

Aye I suspected that. My mum has a 3 story house so Ill go have a a bit practice on that first lol

Trust me at that height you will need a camera as if you move the pole head inside the guttering that meets any resistance you need to see what you are dealing with.

One of my first jobs was a 3 storey industrial unit so the guttering was still half round but slightly wider than that one. Like you I priced the job up without putting a camera up first. Big mistake as had over 200 m of gutter sods to clear over one inch thick.

Gave up in the end trying to break it all up and trying to suck it out may I add with a 3 motor 4200 watt guttervac. Had to resort to going to wicks and buying some steel bar to stick on the end of the guttervac pole then took two of us in turns trying to prise the sods out a length at a time.

Was the last time my business partner went gutter clearing as he damaged his back & shoulder in the process. I too was off work for 3 days with pull muscles in my shoulders and back.

Bet they don’t tell you stories like that when you go to buy a guttervac /emoticons/biggrin.png

Trust me at that height you will need a camera as if you move the pole head inside the guttering that meets any resistance you need to see what you are dealing with.

One of my first jobs was a 3 storey industrial unit so the guttering was still half round but slightly wider than that one. Like you I priced the job up without putting a camera up first. Big mistake as had over 200 m of gutter sods to clear over one inch thick.

Gave up in the end trying to break it all up and trying to suck it out may I add with a 3 motor 4200 watt guttervac. Had to resort to going to wicks and buying some steel bar to stick on the end of the guttervac pole then took two of us in turns trying to prise the sods out a length at a time.

Was the last time my business partner went gutter clearing as he damaged his back & shoulder in the process. I too was off work for 3 days with pull muscles in my shoulders and back.

Bet they don’t tell you stories like that when you go to buy a guttervac /emoticons/biggrin.png
Hmm, Ill see how it goes. If push comes to shove Ill get them camera. Im not going to spend another 250 on something I may not need. Ill buy the camera when I think I need it.
Where a good place to get one about?

I don't see why it wouldn't, not sure how long the battery would last though.

Just make sure its secured right to the the pole otherwise your up the ladder to get it lol

I've used most type’s inc wireless but to be honest found them all rubbish as batteries don't last long.

Now I prefer to use an old cannon g7 that takes vid clips either mounted on a harris (5m) pole or one of my much longer old wfp's for 3 storey work that by the way that I choose not to do anymore for various reason that will not go into detail here.

This simple setup Ideal for gutter survey's during quotes also checking gutters when working but can't be used in real-time while using the guttervac which is not a problem for me.

With the g7 you can play back the vid from the camera screen and can stop it on any frame to show customers how bad their guttering & downspouts are blocked. Also may I add I’ve gained loads of works with shared gutter runs as customer see the clip/pic then some will come with me to even knock on their neighbour doors to show how bad their gutters are blocked too.

Makes my job a whole lot easier If I can do the whole shared gutter runs on terraced houses etc in one hit as I can earn more money aswell. Simples….

Hope this helps?

Back