Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Immersion heater as electricity costs spike

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Working with cold water in winter is miserable........hot water is king IMO and makes for a more comfortable working day...
What I don't know won't hurt me, what I don't know won't hurt me. 

Stay away with your hot water, I'm afraid if I ever experience it I'll have to go out and buy a diesel heater as it'll be too good!

What I don't know won't hurt me, what I don't know won't hurt me. 

Stay away with your hot water, I'm afraid if I ever experience it I'll have to go out and buy a diesel heater as it'll be too good!
Load of cobblers. Cold water workers outnumber hot workers by loads I’m willing to wager without a problem.

Although my experiment is working now with warm water. No immersion, no diesel burner ??

Working with cold water in winter is miserable........hot water is king IMO and makes for a more comfortable working day...
You're soft in your older years which is why you sit in your van for 30 minutes with the engine running and heated seats on

Most window cleaners wouldn't choose to use cold water in winter if they had a choice...its just because they can't be bothered fitting an immersion or they are not willing to invest in their business  for an easier,more comfortable working day...
It's not about not wanting to invest in ones business or been lazy, it's something that just isn't really needed these days average temp all last week 8c and the same again this week and next 8c isn't cold at all, if people are struggling to work in these daytime temps they need to get an inside job if they want to be warm and toasty all day, but these are normal winters now and it will only get milder as the years go by. 

Maybe I'm getting soft now I'm 50 after 29 years of window cleaning all year round....I still like working outside though albeit with hot water and heated drivers seat!??it makes my days a bit more comfortable!

Back