Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do discounts work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not surprised to hear @MrBump, think I'd be avoiding them too! Awesome! Just drop me a message if you'd like me to arrange a call or anything :thumbsup:

Speedy recovery!

Mr Bump. Generally I would say do not offer a discount, especially 3 months worth.

If a customer is going to be a long term customer and a good one and as long as your price is fair they will accept.

If they are accepting the job only after being offered a discount then when the price goes back to usual you WILL lose half of right away and the rest as soon as another window cleaner offers £1 less than you.

Only way I would do a discount scheme is if they were signing a 12 month contract, then they can have the 12th month free (after they have paid up all the other 11 months) /emoticons/smile.png

My advice would always be to focus on getting 1 or 2 QUALITY customers every day instead of 5 or 6 weak customers.

Just my opinion

I did sign one up on an offer, as he was hinting towards a one-off which I'd rather not do, I instantly regretted it though as I quoted over the phone and when I saw it it was a state. Typical eh /emoticons/wink.png He did however pay for 3 months upfront and got a %25 discount for it. I expect he will likely cancel after thats up though. Hopefully everyone around here has enough respect to walk away from a house as soon as they learn they have a window cleaner already and not try to undercut. I do agree with what your saying though and 12 for 11 sounds alright. Going to stick to just getting the right customers from now on though, that will be the only discount if I can help myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back