Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cost Myself £30 Today...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

But... I've been offering a free clean to any of my custies if they get me more clients. One rang me this morning and said her nephew needs a windy. I quoted it at £15. The good bit is it's 2 minutes from me and they said no one cleans in their road. Canvassing on the horizon me thinks!

Not sure if I would go down that route myself but if it works for you fair play /emoticons/wink.png

I thought about it when first started selfemployed but thinking about it now would have lost ££££££ but good luck with it.

Atleast your gaining customers and its better in the long term run its cheaper then buying work though

Why is there a road two minutes from you that you aint canvassed yet Tuffers /emoticons/smile.png
Because there's a firm that's got the area sewn up, or maybe not. I've never really thought about working so close to home. Maybe I should :)

Most times I've had a customer say that there's no window cleaners in their street, I've had to go no further than two houses in either direction to find out they were wrong.

People are very lazy when it comes to finding a window cleaner which is why canvassing is so good for picking up new business.

Most times I've had a customer say that there's no window cleaners in their street, I've had to go no further than two houses in either direction to find out they were wrong. People are very lazy when it comes to finding a window cleaner which is why canvassing is so good for picking up new business.
Exactly- plus common sense would tell you that just because you don't see a window cleaner on the one day of the month/2 month that he's in your road doesn't mean he does exist!

Most times I've had a customer say that there's no window cleaners in their street, I've had to go no further than two houses in either direction to find out they were wrong. People are very lazy when it comes to finding a window cleaner which is why canvassing is so good for picking up new business.
A lot of the customers that tell you that have been dumped by the window cleaner that does the rest of the street I often suspect. Still, you take them on because you never know for sure but canvassing turns up a lot of these sort

i found that my canvassing customers are better then the 1s of leaflets

the 1s of leaflets cancel me and are more fussy

the ones i got from canvassing are the best /emoticons/ohmy.png/emoticons/smile.png

a lot of people said to me theris no window cleaenr but they dont have a clue lol their a window cleaenr everywhere /emoticons/tongue.png

Back