Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Losing the will!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joebromley

Alright chaps.

At the fear of doing a "Big H": Last week I had my first ever encounter of canvassing. I'm looking at building up a round toleave my 9-5...

Saturday was amazing. I went out with a mate who spurred me on and I ended up winning about £170 worth of work in und

hours. Buzzing. But since then... Ive been out for about 6 hours and got myse lf 3 jobs worth £55. Result. not

Kind regards, Moaning Mary.

Shut up and get back out NOW! YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE! By 6pm to***ht you could have £100's of pounds of extra work, JUST DO IT!!

if u get £55 from 6 hrs work look at it long term

so get out there do 120hrs and youll have £1100 then u dont need to canvess so much simples

I bought around £800 back in 2002, then bought and sold all the way to where I am now.

Picked up most of the work I have now over the last couple of years.

Window cleaning is a business. The same as any other business. It takes time to get it up and running. You'll get good days and bad days. Good weeks and bad weeks etc etc.

What is great about window cleaning is that it takes on it's own momentum after a while. The businesses own success breeds more success.

But it does not happen over***ht. You HAVE to knock on doors. This last week is a classic example. Last sat & sun I put out approx 300 A6 flyers that I produced off my PC. Through the week I got 1 call for a 1 off (£30) and 3 regulars. Last ***ht (fri) and this afternoon I knocked the same houses and I've picked up a further 10 REGULAR customers (3 x £14 & 7 x £12). Also from response of those I spoke to I know I will get more yet.

I put this on here to motivate, not to boast. Knocking on peoples doors is one of the hardest parts of the job. I try to avoid it as much as possible but it works. You can pay for all the advertising you like but it will NEVER be as good as being face to face with the person who wants your service. Take out a full page ad in the local paper or use your local radio or TV and you will get some response. But you will be chasing over a wide area for who knows what and you will be a LOT poorer.

You do, however need to stick at it.

Reminds of the world famous actor - it took him 20 years to become an over***ht success!

Window cleaning is a business. The same as any other business. It takes time to get it up and running. You'll get good days and bad days. Good weeks and bad weeks etc etc.

What is great about window cleaning is that it takes on it's own momentum after a while. The businesses own success breeds more success.

But it does not happen over***ht. You HAVE to knock on doors. This last week is a classic example. Last sat & sun I put out approx 300 A6 flyers that I produced off my PC. Through the week I got 1 call for a 1 off (£30) and 3 regulars. Last ***ht (fri) and this afternoon I knocked the same houses and I've picked up a further 10 REGULAR customers (3 x £14 & 7 x £12). Also from response of those I spoke to I know I will get more yet.

I put this on here to motivate, not to boast. Knocking on peoples doors is one of the hardest parts of the job. I try to avoid it as much as possible but it works. You can pay for all the advertising you like but it will NEVER be as good as being face to face with the person who wants your service. Take out a full page ad in the local paper or use your local radio or TV and you will get some response. But you will be chasing over a wide area for who knows what and you will be a LOT poorer.

You do, however need to stick at it.

Reminds of the world famous actor - it took him 20 years to become an over***ht success!
Great advice...

Back