Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

help please chaps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys

Right putting final order in today for rest of the gear I need. Which is

350 upright tank from gardiners. It says 1 inch nylon thread needed so I assume it's got a hole cut in the bottom of the wall anyway? I want to attach a gatevalve to the tank so I can quickly fill back pack does anyone know how to do this????

Also after ez snap connectors and pole hose. Anyone know what gardiners all season yellow pvc hose is like?

Will I need to buy 6mm barbed ez snap connectors?

Thanks guys

i use a backpack.i just fill it from the tank in my van.instead of attaching the pipe to the hose reel i just put it in my backpack.better outside the van as overflow makes a damp van if you havnt drilled a few holes in the van floor.i do some downstairs by hand so i can fill up while i work.if i want to clean just with the pole i just fill a cannister up whilst im using backpack then empty it in to backpack .then repeat.

Cheers mate.

Yes I intend to just fill backpack from the tank. Wondered if anyone knew how to attach a 1 inch lever style valve to the tank to fill quickly.

Only lever tape I can find are with brass threads. Don't really want to screw a brass thread into a plastic tank.

Cheers mate.
Yes I intend to just fill backpack from the tank. Wondered if anyone knew how to attach a 1 inch lever style valve to the tank to fill quickly.

Only lever tape I can find are with brass threads. Don't really want to screw a brass thread into a plastic tank.
thats why iv never tried it.seems a recipe for disaster.only need a small leak and its a wet van.if your tank in your van is full a way of getting water into a backpack a bit quicker is by siphoning it with a piece of hose pipe.tank needs to full ish though.iv done it when iv forgot to put a heater in my van when its been freezing cold .the water hadnt frozen but the pipes had so iv siphoned it into my backpack.like i say i fill a cannister whilst im poling if i want non stop water then just empty it into backpack and repeat.hope you can get a better answer mate.it would be great if you could do it .id be interested in it myself

Cheers mate.
Would go with the brass as the threaded hole in the tank is a stainless steel insert thats moulded in.

2 x 1" barrel nipples

1 x 1" 90 degree elbow

BSP PVC THREADED PIPE FITTINGS - 1/2" to 4" - INDUSTRIAL PRESSURE GRADE PLASTIC

1 x 1" ball valve

Ball Valve 1Pc Threaded Female Stainless Steel SS 316 BSP CF8M 8 Sizes new

1 x 1" male hose tail for 1" hose.

1" Male Coupler - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

Length of 1" transfer hose for your requirements - sold by the meter.

1" Reinforced Hose - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

The configuration of nipples and elbows my differ according to your tank outlet position and where you will fill up.

BTW the outlet on the tank has/or did have a 'metal' threaded insert, so isn't plastic. Luke says it is stainless steel so I go with that.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You could just get the nylon fitting attach some 1/2" hose to that with a jubilee clip the run a metre or so of hose then get a hozelock fitting with an in line tap it would be far easier and cheaper .

Cheers guys never knew it was metal insert thought it was plastic thread. Made life very easy.
Luke have you got this tank?

Where is outlet positioned?
Mines the 500L but as far as I know the layout is the same, the outlet sits directly beneath the lid on the shorter side of the tank and as low as poss, if you look up the Wydale website you'll be able to get all the dimensions.

You could just get the nylon fitting attach some 1/2" hose to that with a jubilee clip the run a metre or so of hose then get a hozelock fitting with an in line tap it would be far easier and cheaper .
It would be, but filling a backpack with 1/2" hose is slow, especially when the water level in the tank is low. 1" pipe is so much quicker.

Latest Posts

Back