Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is a good Return On Investment?

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
When it comes to window cleaning advertising what would you say is a good ROI?

im not talking about free methods such as leafletting/canvassing/Fb buy and sell groups etc as these all take an investment in time

Im talking about website, seo, adwords, adverts. magazines, paid leaflet drops/canvassing or whatever it is you pay for

Anyway how would you look at ROI, should it be looked at over the year, or just the initial investment

say you spent 500 quid and got 250 of window work, you could look at it as poor return at first but that would be 3000 over the year is that good?

lets say over the year due to drop offs, one offs, etc you only get 1750 of it over the year is it still good?

What is it to you?

The way i have been raised is if you do something that even makes a quid profit it is worthwile as you never know what else will come from it

Be proactive and have many irons in the fire

As long as they make something it is not a waste of time

My first website paid for itself many times over, I lived in a highly populated area so I had more chance of someone searching for my services.

I've had another website made to cover the area I now live in. It is very sparseley populated. The only enquiries I've had is from a local rag and people emailing me after receiving one of my flyers. This website has been up and running for a couple of months. If I hadn't got off my **** and canvassed I still wouldn't have any work where I now live.

I put an advert in the local rag costing me £50 and covering something like 40,000 homes. I got not one reply.

Back