Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger Sprayer On A Belt - Review

Dodger

The Unger Sprayer On A Belt is exactly that, a trigger sprayer that slips onto any belt that has a good length of curly pipe leading to a hand held trigger which also slips into a purpose made holder on the side of the sprayer.

I've never felt that the pipe should be longer as it's a curly one and stretches a fair distance but the spray can be altered from a mist to a jet that can be aimed right where you need it up to around 15 feet.

It has a 1 litre bottle which is easy to screw off and on in order to refill and it comes with different coloured sticky labels in case you have the need for more than one with different liquids in them.

In the case of most window cleaners the need to carry a cleaning solution like Virosol etc is essential and the SOAB makes that so much easier especially for the traditional cleaner as theres no need to climb down your ladder and run off to your vehicle to get it if it's already there on your belt in a convenient sprayer.

Personally it's proved invaluable to my own method of cleaning as I try to reduce the amount of water that I use and with the SOAB I just give my applicator or the glass a few squirts which is more than enough for a large window normally but if it's not the water is right there on my belt so theres no need to come back down the ladder to dip my applicator in a bucket.

All in all, whichever of the uses above you want it for it does the job and does it well.

The SOAB is convenient, easy to use, strong and sturdy. I've been using the same one for approximately 6 months and it shows no signs of the trigger wearing out, the threads on the bottle and belt attachment are still water tight and the belt clip is in one piece with no cracks etc.

Because of the method I use to clean this is the best piece of kit that I have ever bought and would recommend it to anyone.

Quick edit, I snapped the trigger last week but bought a hairdressers sprayer bottle from a shop near me for £1.00 and the trigger fits perfectly and just screws on like the original, the bottle also fit although is smaller but good to keep for a spare.

Yeah good review, I was going to do a review at the end of the week, but looks like you beat me to it lol, but, ill add my 2 pence worth, if you want?

Yeah good review, I was going to do a review at the end of the week, but looks like you beat me to it lol, but, ill add my 2 pence worth, if you want?
Always welcome the 2 pences Graham, interesting to see if anyone else gets on with the method as well as I do.

Hi! I have just purchased the SOAB... For the last two years now I covered a majority of my round on foot... I normally top up my bucket a taps dotted about... So, topping up my SOAB would not be a problem. But, from you experience I wouldn't mind knowing how long does the LTR in the bottle last (How many houses on average) and does the process of spraying the window/washers slow you down much!.. I look forward in having a go with it!... I think I may well also buy the Unger Straps, this will help spread the weight etc... As I already have to put up with my shirts riding away from my trousers and this is how we end up with bad backs!!!... Thank you for a great review and I look forward in using! and hopefully return to this post with some feedback soon!

To be honest I carry a small bottle with me now, I wet the applicator up a bit before I start a house and then keep it wet or give window a few squirts every time and 2 litres would normally last all day but I never do more than 15 houses in a day.

I am getting on really well with the SOAB... I have kept an eye on my time taken to clean with it and in comparison I find that there is no real difference. I seem to take slightly longer to clean a window. Although, I do not have to bend up and down all day picking up the bucket anymore. I found that I tend to rinse the applicator sleeve alot though at outside taps as it gets dirty quick. I think I will take out a couple of spare sleeves with me... Also my wet cloth which I use to clean frames tends to dry too. Although, a few squirts seems to do just enough... I just feel like my cloths and sleeves are getting dirty quicker. Although a few extra spares in my ruck sac is got to be better than carrying a bucket of fluid about all day!!!!... Cheers..

Good review DJ , glad it works for you. I didnt like it personally, i found it quicker and easier to use a bucket on a belt for insides. I found by the time you have sprayed enough liquid to wet the window, then its drying up before one gets to the end of the glass! Its good for spraying indoor plants though and thats what i use mine for now!

I want the glass to be thoroughly soaked Bingo. The sprayer does not do that , unless you stand there squeezing the damn thing all day! Spraying it directly onto applicator is slower, as the sprayer only delivers a poultry mist type spray. If it works for you then great, however i dont want to take 20 mins cleaning interior glass when i can do it in 10mins with a bucket on a belt.

Each to their own I don't like the glass soaking so it works for me especially with the bottle as well. I change my sleeve 2-3 times a day but after all first cleans as well.

This kid explains the pros & cons too :Image16:

did put that in the OP smurf but must a removed it when edited so cheers dude top kid that.

Doesn't actually take a great mind he's an annoying little lad period. Not quite sure why you felt the need to post in the first place but hey ho.

Back