Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can anyone in the North West point me in the right direction..

dt clean

As some of you will be aware i am looking to buy a wfp system and have always cleaned traditionally.

is there anyone in the North West of England, (I am in Cheshire) spare me a phone call tomorrow to discuss in more detail the set up i shall need, its like a mine field and i havent got a clue if im honest.

Maybe a phone call or a visit to see your set up to help me understand better my requirements, as the companies selling usually are doing just that selling and i want to make sure i know what i need from an experienced cleaner who uses the system daily.

Also if anyone is aware of any suppliers in the North West of England, i would prefer to buy direct from manufacturer rather than a third party selling someone elses kit.

thanks ever so much....these are the things i think about when i should be in bed....

thanks Ryan

Brodex is in Liverpool I believe but few recommend them as they fall down on customer support.

I would suggest contacting Adam at The Cleaning Warehouse in Wolverhampton. The do a couple of different brands and that lad really does know his gear.

Tell him your needs and requirements and he will put together a system to match.

I know I recommend this firm alot but so far they have the best customer service out there.

Brodex is in Liverpool I believe but few recommend them as they fall down on customer support.I would suggest contacting Adam at The Cleaning Warehouse in Wolverhampton. The do a couple of different brands and that lad really does know his gear.

Tell him your needs and requirements and he will put together a system to match.

I know I recommend this firm alot but so far they have the best customer service out there.
thank you

You could also give PureFreedom a call although they are in Grimsby.

Window cleaning Water Fed Pole Systems, Trolleys, Supplies

They supply a variety of tank sizes that are 'Plug & Play' so contain all the equipment to purify your water (R/O etc) and then the equipment needed to clean windows. I would recommend you forget the fiber glass poles they supply and buy Gardiner Carbon Fiber poles (SLX). You will need to purchase a pole that will reach the height you need to clean. PF will ship a system to you and you can get a competent person to fit it if you don't feel you can do it yourself. Some vehicles need the fuel tank to be removed to install a tank.

If you want a 2 man system the minimum you need is a 650 liter tank in my experience but preferably on commercial you will need bigger. With an on board system you could plug into your customers water supply and top your tanks up. (You will also need a drain close by the water tap as you will need to dispose of waste water.)

A 650liter system will need a van with a payload of at least 1100 kgs; ie Transit T280, If you want a bigger tank, say 800 liters or bigger, then you need to look at a payload of around 1500 kgs.

You could also give PureFreedom a call although they are in Grimsby.
Window cleaning Water Fed Pole Systems, Trolleys, Supplies

They supply a variety of tank sizes that are 'Plug & Play' so contain all the equipment to purify your water (R/O etc) and then the equipment needed to clean windows. I would recommend you forget the fiber glass poles they supply and buy Gardiner Carbon Fiber poles (SLX). You will need to purchase a pole that will reach the height you need to clean. PF will ship a system to you and you can get a competent person to fit it if you don't feel you can do it yourself. Some vehicles need the fuel tank to be removed to install a tank.

If you want a 2 man system the minimum you need is a 650 liter tank in my experience but preferably on commercial you will need bigger. With an on board system you could plug into your customers water supply and top your tanks up. (You will also need a drain close by the water tap as you will need to dispose of waste water.)

A 650liter system will need a van with a payload of at least 1100 kgs; ie Transit T280, If you want a bigger tank, say 800 liters or bigger, then you need to look at a payload of around 1500 kgs.
thank you very helpful

Same van I drive, never misses a beat, I do think it's a bit on the rich side without carbon poles etc but if I were in the market and it's all good I would make an offer between £5700 and £5950 personally.

However, your money and his van so none of my business! :rolleyes:

Just don't forget my 10% finders fee! :whistle:

Same van I drive, never misses a beat, I do think it's a bit on the rich side without carbon poles etc but if I were in the market and it's all good I would make an offer between £5700 and £5950 personally.However, your money and his van so none of my business! :rolleyes:

Just don't forget my 10% finders fee! :whistle:
Yes i have to factor in i will need to buy 2 sets of hose and reels and 3 brushes, two large enough for standard work and i need a 65 foot pole also, and thats going to cost quite a bit, will prob get new poles but a used 65foot pole as the cost is excessive

hi dt clean,i am at the moment organising a window cleaners meet up in early june to be held in leeds if you could hold off a tad before purchasing you'll get to see a whole host of van set ups both hot and cold water ones,jordan from power up reels will be there also x line,plus me old mate wagga is popping down to demonstrate his trad skills,they'll be a second hand for sale section where you could just well pick up a few bargains

hi dt clean,i am at the moment organising a window cleaners meet up in early june to be held in leeds if you could hold off a tad before purchasing you'll get to see a whole host of van set ups both hot and cold water ones,jordan from power up reels will be there also x line,plus me old mate wagga is popping down to demonstrate his trad skills,they'll be a second hand for sale section where you could just well pick up a few bargains
AT LAST!!!! a meeting in the north /emoticons/biggrin.png still a bit south from me but deff near enough to go to, any more news on this please @kevinc250

Nice one keep us posted

the only way i can hold off is to find a reliable sub contractor to so a couple of more cleans on my pharmaceutical site, i dont want to lose it from missing out on the clean when they need it. which isnt likely /emoticons/sad.png i would be interested in attending though.

the only way i can hold off is to find a reliable sub contractor to so a couple of more cleans on my pharmaceutical site, i dont want to lose it from missing out on the clean when they need it. which isnt likely /emoticons/sad.png i would be interested in attending though.
Where is the job ?

Hey Green Pro, great talking to you yesterday... thanks for the helpful information, i have been in touch with Adam and it looks like something is going to happen, just looking at vans, what vans did you say would fit the bill again? about 1200 payload,?? also i need to water proof the van, which product did you recommend?

many thanks Ryan

The van I suggested yesterday was the Trafic SL29, not the SL27, reason being is that the payload is some 200KG more on the SL29 but same wheelbase etc make sure to get the six speed as the 5 speed gearboxes aren't too durable, and go for at least a 2.0L so you got the power to haul your gear. . It's the same with Vivaros I don't know about Transits.

Before this get's hijacked by the Ford drivers slating the Tafics, yes we know there is a dog or two out there, same with all vans that have sold in the hundreds of thousands

I used protectakote myself to waterproof my van but be advised in this weather I would allow 2-3 days for it to dry and cure properly.

Let me know when you head down to Wolves, I may pop over for a cuppa.

Personally I think it looks good, the racking will most likely have to be removed to fit a decent size tank, you could always pay the AA £25 for an inspection report /emoticons/tongue.png
going for the 650, if you have an email address i will send you the quote adam sent me, i will more than likely be buying and fitting next week. should i avoid the poles though, i like the idea of the cheap 40 foot pole as it may only get used a handful of times per year. but the every day poles should i get theres or go for something else

Back