Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum Pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

People drop dead in shock around here if u charge to much lol most of them want it all done for next to nothing, as dey don't rate window cleaning as a job. Well my average price is just under £9 (i think lol) so £10 would be a good start as a minimum price then as have a a lot around 5/6/7/8 mark is my bigger jobs that bump up the average price

what you got to remember is that when it comes to window cleaning, You are the only wc that charges £5 and has lots of £5/8 jobs, every other wc doesn't get out of bed for less than £20 per house and are making £100 ph, turning away more work than they can handle

sometimes you got to look at the over all picture, sure the jobs are only £5, but them take 5 mins and there is 10 in a row,

People drop dead in shock around here if u charge to much lol most of them want it all done for next to nothing, as dey don't rate window cleaning as a job. Well my average price is just under £9 (i think lol) so £10 would be a good start as a minimum price then as have a a lot around 5/6/7/8 mark is my bigger jobs that bump up the average price
Are there no more bigger jobs Laugher, or have these bigger jobs just fell into your lap by chance, while you were going after the smaller jobs? Not bad if that is the case and you have a few of them. What kind of result you think you would you get if you didn’t leave it to chance or if you change you marketing method to suit.

Is it impractical to go after another 20-100 bigger jobs? And what do you mean by bigger jobs i.e. 20 minutes to 1 hour cleaning time £25 to £65 per customer?

Richard

Most by chance, I've never gone canvassing and done little leaflet dropping most of it is word of mouth and people seeing me clean other people's windows.

nearly all my big jobs require me to travel around 10 miles to do.

I need a change to my marketing method as well as a lot of things in my business your book has helped me realise that

Look how well you’re doing just by leaving it for the customers to come to you. Lots of window cleaners do this, now its time for you to go after the customer you want.

Pick out 300 potential new customers, have minimum price of £20 upwards. Look to get at least 10% or 30 plus new accounts. You will most likely get more than 10% and the average will be closer to £35 than £20 minimum you have set. Do your numbers.

This little exercise could increase your turnover by £12k plus, do it a few times and you will get comfortable with it and be able to do it 3 to 4 times a year. It becomes routine just like cleaning the windows. Its so easy gaining a £65 job, it’s no more difficult than gaining a £10 job.

Keep an eye on your cleaning time, hourly rate; you know what I mean, refine your window cleaning method & price competitively, this is really the key to it all. Use the book to help you do the numbers, but tailor the info to suit you & your business.

Good luck mate,

Richard

My average spend was £22 per job 2 years ago,now I've picked up bigger jobs and thrown in carpet cleaning over the month it works out £70 average spend.I still do £10-15 houses bur because I also do exterior cleans and a bit of commercial it's pushed the average spend up.looking forward to reading Richards book to try and improve this.

Back