Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much for this gutter job.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

69c7bf3da2483b0017608c9651962afa.jpg

I quoted £40 to do this and the gutters to the left and right as well as 10 metres on the side. He knocked me down to £30 so I said OK.

Baring in mind this is a monthly regular pub I clean for £30 and it takes me half a hour.

Not sure why are you asking as you have already agreed on a knock down price.

To be honest it is immaterial how much you get for doing the windows as it's a totally different job altogether surely?

That's the thing when you're already established with a customer, they expect and you feel obliged to do extras cheaper than if it was a one off.

That's where you have to be hard nosed about it

they might not like your price but they would would still be a window custy

That's where you have to be hard nosed about itthey might not like your price but they would would still be a window custy
I lost a £15 8 weekly window clean job that I'd done for a while, I think due to the fact that I quoted her £xxx's for cleaning her uPVC. I texted the night before the next clean was due and she replied she didn't want my services anymore. Sometimes you have to consider these things when asked to do extras. It didn't bother me losing it, as the garden was full of dog :turd:

The way I look at it I'm in business to make money so I charge accordingly for my work. Not to give so say mates rates to regular customers as there is no such thing. All you are doing is undervaluing your services and just winning work on price which anyone can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I look at it I'm in business to make money so I charge accordingly for my work. Not to give so say mates rates to regular customers as there is no such thing. All you are doing is undervaluing your services and just winning work on price which any numpty can do.
Koop said he cleans the pub in 30 minutes and gets £30 for it. I think he was saying custy would think he was taking the p155 if he was going to charge a fair whack for clearing the gutter. Koop is saying he's on a good screw and doesn't want to lose it over a one off gutter job.

I only want premium paying customers for the quality work I do. The rest can go find someone else cheaper if they want as is no skin off my nose if they do.

I lost a £15 8 weekly window clean job that I'd done for a while, I think due to the fact that I quoted her £xxx's for cleaning her uPVC. I texted the night before the next clean was due and she replied she didn't want my services anymore. Sometimes you have to consider these things when asked to do extras. It didn't bother me losing it, as the garden was full of dog :turd:

You don't go into a shop and say I buy my food shop here every week so I want it all at half price now do you? I'm sure you know the answer they will give...as @boarcity would say **** off you ugly **** /emoticons/biggrin.png

I do gutter cleans cheaper for window cleaning customers, I use that as a tool to get most of them to use me for gutter clears that they probably normally wouldn't bother doing at all.

Plus if I can do it when I am there already cleaning the windows anyway its cheaper on travel time and expense.

Anyway I have a sneaky suspicion the reason why @koopmaster started this thread as at the back of his mind he feels stitched up./emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't understand at all why you charge less than you would normally do as makes no sense to me at all :rolleyes:

I do gutter cleans cheaper for window cleaning customers, I use that as a tool to get most of them to use me for gutter clears that they probably normally wouldn't bother doing at all.
Plus if I can do it when I am there already cleaning the windows anyway its cheaper on travel time and expense.

If I travel 10 miles to do a gutter clear that's 15mins there, 15mins back, plus diesel.

If I am already there doing the windows I am already there, no more time or diesel.

I get a job that normally the customer wouldn't want doing most of the time (would not go looking for it) because its a "special offer" to my window cleaning customers.

Last week I did a gutter clear for a chap for the second time in 6 months, he lives in a posh row of houses with massive trees in front of them, during all the wind we had it dumped literally tons of those key seed things all over the place, the gutters were just full of them.

I mentioned I do it cheaper for my window cleaning customers, I now have him as a regular window cleaning customer, he then told his neighbours and it has turned into 4 window cleans and gutter clears every 6 months /emoticons/smile.png

I understand all that but say you charge £30. Yes it is better than bugger all but why bother as gutter jobs are a pain in the **** and dangerous work so you might as well get a good wack for your troubles surely? All most are doing is underpricing jobs so ppl get price conditioned and those sorts don't/will not pay the going rate.

Same can be said for window cleaning too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Actually I was happy with the price. I know who I can charge extra and who wont . the aim is to get the SALE. If I charge to much some will say no. I just quoted this for £60 and got the job
0dfc60bb949bc797757566490e1e1cf7.jpg

I already offer it cheaper if I am doing multiple houses on the same street at the same time, I really don't see it as any different.

The difference to me than a normal window cleaner is yes I will travel 10 miles for one job but that job will be worth a good days wack not just £30 :rolleyes:

If I travel 10 miles to do a gutter clear that's 15mins there, 15mins back, plus diesel.
If I am already there doing the windows I am already there, no more time or diesel.

I get a job that normally the customer wouldn't want doing most of the time (would not go looking for it) because its a "special offer" to my window cleaning customers.

Latest Posts

Back