Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

p####d off today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Quoted a woman to clean her fascias once the scaffolding came down after her roof was done by the council

Looked just like green mould patches

@Adams0211 agreed as he came round to see me while i was there today

Anyway the patches turned out to be some sort of glue or similar covered in dirt and muck from the roofers

After a good scrub and a few choice words to myself (or maybe out loud as i do tend to talk to myself) i decided to get the ladders off and scourer or magic sponge wouldn't touch it

I showed the customer and she said just do the best you can

I wasn't happy charging her for the job as it looked exactly the same as when i turned up to do the job

Took the tenner for doing her windows and then realised that the front one i did above the shared archway to the back was actually her neighbours window

Hour and a quarter for a tenner

Not a happy bunny and having a nice beer now to get over it

Anyone else got any disaster stories??

I'm gonna top that @daveyboy

Went to a quote, parked, walked round the house and back to the van. Two wannabee coppers (Community protection officers) one putting my info in her machine.

Me: Come on luv, I been her 2 minutes, it says no return in 2 hours.

Her: That bay might, this one is Permit Holders only.

Me: Oh, my bad didn't spot the difference.

And with that she ceases what she's doing, and I get in my van.

Her partner then walks up and decides he's joining the conversation.

Him: Yeah, so DO ONE!!

Me: :eek::eek: You what??

Him: You heard me, do one.

Me: You need to learn how to talk to people pal, you don't have authority to shout orders mate!

Him: I'm in charge of this road so what I say goes!

Me: Good luck mate, you still need to learn how to talk to people!

Him: Come see me after work when I'm out of uniform and I'll f*****g show you how I talk to people!

Me: I look forward to it!

Took his badge number and proceeded right to the police station and have lodged an official complaint about his threatening behavior. Will see what comes of that.

You would think a city official would be better trained than to be dumb enough to threaten people in the street. Oh well!

And before you all go on about grassing blah blah blah, what else can you do? he's a plastic copper, only way to deal with it is get him done by his own. :mad:

Plastic pigs do my nut in

No authority to do anything

Sorry spc nothing against police

Just like to call them pigs lol

My biggest disaster was a few years ago when I did a bit of exterior decorating (I sub it out now). My mate bob and I spent all day painting this big gaff and as we were packing up, the owner asked if it was all right to put his car back on the drive. Yes I replied, so he did and went in.

I then put my ladder up against his flat roof to retrieve my dust sheet and as I got to the top my scraper fell out my back pocket and landed Sharpe side down onto his bonnet!

Had to pay for it to be resprayed and coated. Cost me a fortune

I'm gonna top that @daveyboy
Went to a quote, parked, walked round the house and back to the van. Two wannabee coppers (Community protection officers) one putting my info in her machine.

Me: Come on luv, I been her 2 minutes, it says no return in 2 hours.

Her: That bay might, this one is Permit Holders only.

Me: Oh, my bad didn't spot the difference.

And with that she ceases what she's doing, and I get in my van.

Her partner then walks up and decides he's joining the conversation.

Him: Yeah, so DO ONE!!

Me: :eek::eek: You what??

Him: You heard me, do one.

Me: You need to learn how to talk to people pal, you don't have authority to shout orders mate!

Him: I'm in charge of this road so what I say goes!

Me: Good luck mate, you still need to learn how to talk to people!

Him: Come see me after work when I'm out of uniform and I'll f*****g show you how I talk to people!

Me: I look forward to it!

Took his badge number and proceeded right to the police station and have lodged an official complaint about his threatening behavior. Will see what comes of that.

You would think a city official would be better trained than to be dumb enough to threaten people in the street. Oh well!

And before you all go on about grassing blah blah blah, what else can you do? he's a plastic copper, only way to deal with it is get him done by his own. :mad:
that's not grassing by any means, what you did was righteous on the bullying snide get

When I started on the windows I managed to get the front of a large detached house cleaned when a car pulled onto the drive and the man calls up to me "what are you doing"? I looked at him and thought "that's not the same person I cleaned for last time" (was only the second time I'd cleaned the place)...then the penny drops...I've just given the neighbour a free clean...just glad he came back when he did.

one of my first jobs was a shop inside and out, 84 panes of glass to clean for £8 took me 45mins to an hour,had to move stuff of window sills, clamber around stuff to get to windows, nightmare of a job.

P1ssed off myself today. Because of the death of prince, I went out and bought his greatest hits. It cost me £25!! But when I got home I partied like it was £19.99 /emoticons/biggrin.png

Even more p####d off today

Lost in our rugby final 11-7 in the last 30 seconds

The try was scored then the whistle blew

That on top of a fuzzy head from playing dice of death with a bottle and a half of sambucca between us last night in the clubhouse left me feeling a bit fed up today lol:drunk:

Back