Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how to check tds in a tank?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scotty_boy

just filled up some 25ltr drums and noticed that the tds has crept up to 002ppm i check every barrel as i go, my question is say you have a 350ltr tank and you fill it up then test it and its high do you empty it all out change the resin and start again?

just filled up some 25ltr drums and noticed that the tds has crept up to 002ppm i check every barrel as i go, my question is say you have a 350ltr tank and you fill it up then test it and its high do you empty it all out change the resin and start again?
It should be OK as long as it's below 10 really and if that did ever happen you'd just empty half and refill with pure diluting the high ppm water

Me personally start panicking if it reaches 3ppm but I have cleaned me patio with 18 and it's dried fine

I never get rid of pureish water myself as all you have to do is run it back through a di tank to get it back down to 000 ppm. That's for me when either transferring water from the static ro/di holding tanks to the van or from the van tanks to the wfp if need be.

I've heard of one lad dump 1000 litre of purified water out of his van tank just because it was not 000ppm pure which in my mind was a crazy thing to do.

You can get good quality refurbished 11 litre di tanks from the likes of fleebay dirt cheap for the task as are better than those silly 10" di canisters you get with small ro's

I have cleaned my own windows with 014 before and it was perfect, as long as mine is under 010 I am happy.

Latest Posts

Back