Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley battery?

buzzing

I bought a battery with my micro trolley, but it wouldn't charge so opened the box and put the connector back which thought was problem(picture with me holding wire). Is it worth buying a replacement unit (£120) or replacing the bits myself? At the end of the day if it fails I can't work.

The battery in the pictures was held in with sticky tape stuff, get some more of this? It keeps bouncing about in box and isn't secure.View attachment 5321

Also, when you re-charge the batteries should you always leave them on charge for 24hrs? And at the end of the day leave them to charge overnight again? Not just an hour or something?

View attachment 5315

View attachment 5316

View attachment 5317

View attachment 5319

View attachment 5320

My charger has an led on it which is red and turns green when charged so i only charge it as long as needed

What is £120 ?? just that box with pump and battery ??

If so don't bother getting another

Batteries are cheap

Pump about 20 quid for a cheap one

The rest is just wires and switches

I would buy a spare pump and battery and carry on working

I bought a battery with my micro trolley, but it wouldn't charge so opened the box and put the connector back which thought was problem(picture with me holding wire). Is it worth buying a replacement unit (£120) or replacing the bits myself? At the end of the day if it fails I can't work.
The battery in the pictures was held in with sticky tape stuff, get some more of this? It keeps bouncing about in box and isn't secure.View attachment 7806 View attachment 7807 View attachment 7808 View attachment 7811 View attachment 7812 View attachment 7813

Also, when you re-charge the batteries should you always leave them on charge for 24hrs? And at the end of the day leave them to charge overnight again? Not just an hour or something?
Christ on a bike ! That scares me. Did that come out of a Christmas cracker?

My charger has an led on it which is red and turns green when charged so i only charge it as long as needed
What is £120 ?? just that box with pump and battery ??

If so don't bother getting another

Batteries are cheap

Pump about 20 quid for a cheap one

The rest is just wires and switches

I would buy a spare pump and battery and carry on working
I will go to Maplins today to get something to hold the connector in place and stop battery bouncing around. Will get a spare battery as well. The thing is I don't know how to wire the battery the pump etc to everything. I don't know what to do with the wires, the box fits perfectly under my trolley which I bought from Peter Fogwell on a forum where would buy a box that fits like this or know how to connect everything together? Anyone know where I can buy a small sized box unit? Or pump?

don't go buying anything yet.we all have encountered things like this.its a learning curve.1st of all you can buy a yuasa battery from ebay 4 £12.i bought a pump from ebay new like yours this week 4 £11.30.you need to sought that loose wire.if that goes to the charging point,i no its obvious but your battery will not charge.it wont be your pump!!my advice get a small cheap 12v battery charger with the led lights on the front from argos.the lights start red & eventually go out,there £12.use double sided tape on the battery to secure it-it works.dont waste your money m8 its a pennies easy fix

OK so I put silicon in to hold battery in place then had my first attempt at soldering. This was to hold the wire which came loose when recharging. I just heated as much soldering metal as I could and dripped it onto where the two wires connect. No idea if this is how you solder lol. The second time though it seemed to hold. Trying to make this box myself would be a nightmare. Maplins can't reproduce the circuitboard box which wasn't the exact same size costs 40 pounds. Might as well just order bits or a new box from my supplier. Think I will get that pump box off eBay that gto advertised in case it totally packs up.

isnt the circuit board just one of those cheap speed controlers off ebay. they are about £3 from china.

look for 10amp PWM speed controller.

That box gto said about I've got one & it's fine. Well worth the money.

Go on the link daveyboy said & read up on that. Your save money.

I built 2 of these for about £35.

Battery £12

Pump £12

On/off switch £2

Box £10

If yer want a controler there £2.

All off eBay & work fine.

Then you just need wire which is dirt cheap.

I never had a clue but read the link daveyboy put up & followed it & it was easy.

Don't just go out spending willy nilly. And maplins is expensive.

To hold my battery in I got my soldering iron & made 2 holes either side od the battery & put tie wraps round it & put a bit of mastics round the hole to make it waterproof.

It is very easy to do

I do have the advantage of growing up with a qualified electrician and auto electrician for a dad and learned loads feom him but tbh anybody can make one of these trolleys

No soldering needed if you crimp comnectors on the wires

Mate, just use wire ties to hold Battery in. If its not charging its just the 2 wires that run from the battery to the charge connector.

If you need another cheap flow control heres link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-40V-10A-PWM-DC-Motor-Speed-Control-Pulse-Width-Modulation-Switch-13KHz-TY-/121616044585?hash=item1c50e19229

cheap battery if needed (the bigger the Ah, the more powerful the battery)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6v-12ah-Battery-Peg-Perego-Injusa-Feber-electric-car-/140993438925?hash=item20d3dd24cd

These are male and female conectors you can use for charging

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-pairs-Male-Female-2-1x5-5mm-DC-Power-Plug-Jack-Adapter-Connector-for-CCTV-/201048791079?hash=item2ecf711827

wiring is really straight forward, its just pos/neg.

lookon the thread that Daveyboy put up or the heavy duty trolley thread in the DIY section:thumbsup:

Also, look out for the 12v Battery chargers in Lidl when they are in. They are a good intelligent charger that is dirt cheap (less than £15). great for charging these batteries.

i have the lidl charger jimmyboots mentioned and it is top quality. recommended to all one to look out for often on ebay but at a higher price.

the trolley-

trolley-jpg.7624

Put the contents of the box into a weather proof junction box from b&q

It will fit then

That blue box is 90% empty space

Latest Posts

Back