Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Inside Of Windows?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spmonkay

I'm so full of questions!!! Lol!! I am learning a hell of a lot though from you guys!! This is a great forum!! So, this is more aimed at wfp, pure water users? What do you guys use to clean inside of windows and again do you charge roughly £1 a window?

I'm guessing most get out their trad gear mate, but there are things for indoor wfp that I know nothing about so I'll leave it there.

When a big internal cleaning job comes up am going to get the vikanshine kit from gardiners website

You know when you clean an average size house H, and the man or women comes out and says can you clean the insides please what do you do?

H I have the Vikan kit which I brought for a high internal glass screen in a church. It's good and did the job but I would never use it for glass that I could reach by hand. What about builders cleans? Or stickers on the window? Sellotape? You need to scrape and squeegee them my friend. I'm wfp most of the time but use hand tools at least once a day. Your missing out on a lot of possible work.

Would it be more cost effective / time saving just to learn trad?
the down side to trad gear inside some places like offices etc, you cant get any water anywear due to the computers and all the paperwork about so the vikanshine kit from gardiners or similar equipment is better for that, but in houses i use trad gear.

I use trad gear in houses aswell but what about say if u had a big building with high windows ? U cant use ladders lol

the down side to trad gear inside some places like offices etc, you cant get any water anywear due to the computers and all the paperwork about so the vikanshine kit from gardiners or similar equipment is better for that, but in houses i use trad gear.
I use to clean in side offices with trad gear all the time when I worked for someone. We just used way less water and more soap. There should be hradly any drips or water anywhere. As long as your not throwing your gear all over the place. If there was any electrical equipment really close to a window it would just get missed or scrimmed.

I use trad gear in houses aswell but what about say if u had a big building with high windows ? U cant use ladders lol
Yes you can, if its big enough. (bring it RC lol) Ive used ladders in side a church before also in the entrance to an office building.

Hay H you would have to a risk assessment /emoticons/smile.png I use trad gear for inside windows as was getting too many complaints with WFP. When you blade off a good tip is use your application to follow front to soak up drips learnt that one from Dave at impact43.

Depends how I feel, I use a spray bottle with pure water, then a micro fibre to wipe over then buff with a dry cloth, sometimes I use trad gear but I'm great with it.

You mean the stuff you get from wilkos that you spray on the windows??

Its ****, and when I clean the outside windows, and you step back and window looks realy smeary, then go up to window you realise its the inside of the windows are smeary because people spray the stuff on the window and wipe it all over.

Using a squeegee all the **** on window comes off with squeegee.

Back