Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Constructor wfp brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I thought this was an interesting concept

The last water fed pole brush you will ever buy. Change your bristle length and material, as well as jets, whenever you like. Completely customizable design

[media]

[/media]

What do you think?

nice vid but not so sure about the use of aluminium..

yep its great light and strong but any contact with glass is a big no no..

I have found that out twice...once ages ago was an aerial I was asked to take down and it just touched the window

..dont know if the guy could see the mark it left but I COULD..and it was there for ever after..

its not so much a scratch either as a mark..and probably can come off with something.

the second time was on a job I still do today..I was using a really cheap pound shop extension and was scrubbing away at bird poop and it left a right mess..will have a butchers next time to see if I can still see it..

the brush in the vid was very low cut and near to the ali...just a worry..

but the thought of being able to change things so easy is a good one../emoticons/biggrin.png

I have never used jets fitted at the top of the brush stock so I can only imagine this would help in a rinsing on the glass operation at high level.

I can also see the nozzle for the water inlet breaking very quickly as I could see it bashing on the window lintel.

I also don't like the aluminium brush stock although strength and lightness can be an advantage. The jury is out on that one. I guess its too future thinking to be accepted easily. I would worry that the window mullions would get damaged by the ali brush stock.

So what's the weights of the brushes then?

@spruce I can't see it being any different to any other type of wfp brush regarding contact with mullions on the under side of the stock of a brush because of the bristles being in the way surely?

Why would the jets (not jets but inlet nozzle) get broke as they are not protruding from the brush stock?
On the video I thought I saw the nozzle that feeds water to the jets sticking out at an odd angle upwards; hence my comment. However, on closer inspection it appears that it could turn and face 'upwards' - in the same direction as our jet inlets do on our regular brushes.

Edit. Look at his side 2 side video and see where the nozzle sticks out for the water inlet connection. The inlet nozzle looks vertical on another video though, so it must swivel.

I'm sorry but the video isn't very clear - he spends so much time focusing on the replaceable bristles.

Jeff Brimble had the top mounted jets on his brushes using 4 jets. I have never given it much credit but it could be an interesting concept the more I think about it.

Time to get back under my rock :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
@spruce I can't see it being any different to any other type of wfp brush regarding contact with mullions on the under side of the stock of a brush because of the bristles being in the way surely?
I'm sure you are right @Smurf. We had steel fan jets with our first wfp brushes and we did some damage to plastic mullions so I'm extra careful. No way is there anything metal/brass protruding from the brush stock with any of our equipment now, so seeing an ali brush stock with channels for bristles is rather disconcerting for me, especially when some of those bristle channels may not have bristles in them in use.

TBH I like the concept of this, I'm struggling with its application. It's a big jump forward I guess.

Wagga seems to like his reach-it pole as is such a versatile pole unlike fixed length poles.

Meh, got bored after 3 minutes.../emoticons/wink.png
I'm afraid Perry Tait's product videos are rather poor from a business marketing perspective. They don't do his image any good IMHO.

If he is going to launch something like a new brush concept then he needs to have a professional do a top rate marketing video. He has to make his product stand out above the others, and in this sector, there is plenty of competition.

There is nothing on his website about the brush. Not a mention about weights, nothing. Just a free 'side to side' for the first 200 customers.

First and foremost, Perry is a showman and this comes out in his videos. Is it about the product or is it about him as an attention seeker.

Alex Gardiner's videos are also DIY but they are focused on his product and how to use it. I haven't seen one of his videos where he comes across as I'm the 'king of the castle'. They are made to inform.

Wagga seems to like his reach-it pole as is such a versatile pole unlike fixed length poles.
Looking on his website, they appear to be 'Rolls Royce' poles. But again, there is nothing to indicate how heavy they are. All this heavy duty stuff included with every pole has to have a weight penalty despite being made of modulus carbon fibre.

Do I need all this robust stuff when a simple lite Gardiner SLX 22 poles with a lite brush is more than adequate for 95% of my application? Maybe we have all answered that question. I have never seen a Reach-It pole in use by anyone around our parts.

Guys, FYI i've been using the prototype of this brush over here in NZ for the last 3 months and I've found it 'shockingly' good. I was only supplied with cheap 'tester' bristles and they haven't deformed, broken or fallen apart in anyway whatsoever. It's a hell of an interesting concept and I was really skeptical when I first set it up but the feel on the glass is second to none. (my previous favourite brush blocks were the Tucker and the TecBuks)...The top feed jets are superb, but as well as that you have the option of putting an either/and feed in the centre of the stock. I haven't used any other brush, regardless of the job, since I received it.

Nice one @Eric Gilliand :thumbsup:

Myself I like to keep an open mind on any new products being realesed. In doing so I'm not bias towards just using one supplier.

Back