Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners Quick-Loc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TJTOPCAT

Hi everyone,

I changed over to use Gardiners Quick-Loc when they first came out, however I soon ditched them and went back to screw thread as they were impossible to get them apart.!!!

I have seen that some of you have mentioned modifying them by sanding the edges, I was just wandering if that is still the only best option and maybe Alex could answer, has there been any improvement since first production. I understand that being plastic the shrinkage is critical when produced, especially when fitting two parts together like this.

mate I can feel your anger, red faced straining & swearing lmao.

I got LM2 from b&q its a multi purpose grease, smeared it round the insides of the sockets & never had a problem since.

/emoticons/smile.png Yes mate, how did you know, I even had to use the van door to prise them apart. Lol.

I did try wd40 and Gt-35, but to no avail. I will have to get some and give it a go. thanks.

I would still like to know if they have improved though, before I change again. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think they must have altered them as my first batch were impossible but the new lot I have slip apart with ease!

I swaped over to Quick-Loc last week i got a resi neck couple of the screw on resi necks and a couple of the extensions and 4 brush sockets and all mine go to gether come a part easy.

They are hit and miss. I have 2 one went solid. Had to hammer it off then use grinding wheel on it. I am not talking fine amounts off corners, I am talking 3 mm off every face :mad: My other is so sweat a fit. Very odd

It sounds as though, it is hit and miss during manufacture.

When two plastic parts that need to fit together are produced and cool down the shrinkage tolerance can be quite critical.

Normally the hollow female part would need to be placed on a metal jig so that it would not over shrink.

I used to work in plastics many years ago, sometimes the parts would drop in to a very cold water bath to cool down rapidly and help with tolerance. /emoticons/smile.png

With early batches we did have some tolerance issues that affected certain parts. We narrowed this down to the temperature in the factory on the day of moulding and the way this affected the shrinkage rate. We now have set factory temperatures that have to be met before certain parts are moulded. In fact certain of the parts are now never moulded in the winter due to this.

Since doing this they seem to work well. If you have bought ones within the last year that are not working as they should then please drop us a line and we can sort for you.

you have to get them off your own way, believe me i have been there, nives screwdrivers, boiling water, its the same with the pole cap ends.

but when i did i put a bit of vaseline inside and now they just come off and on, but these are the newer ones, not the old ones with a spring in them. new ones are better if you remember to lubricate.

We narrowed this down to the temperature in the factory on the day of moulding and the way this affected the shrinkage rate. We now have set factory temperatures that have to be met before certain parts are moulded.
Come on Alex! Let 'em turn the heater on! [emoji6] [emoji300]

With early batches we did have some tolerance issues that affected certain parts. We narrowed this down to the temperature in the factory on the day of moulding and the way this affected the shrinkage rate. We now have set factory temperatures that have to be met before certain parts are moulded. In fact certain of the parts are now never moulded in the winter due to this.
Since doing this they seem to work well. If you have bought ones within the last year that are not working as they should then please drop us a line and we can sort for you.
I will. As usual. 100% customer service

Back