Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working without a vehicle?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

terryclegg

Hi everyone new to the forum,

is it still possible to work without a vehicle, I currently live on a new build estate of around 1500 houses and would be mostly targeting this area as there is no windie in the area, but would not having access to a vehicle be a hinderence?

2nd part of my question when first starting out should I start canvassing and then get the equipment or should I get the equipment before canvassing?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you buy all the gear then canvass and get nothing you will be well out of pocket.

If you drop £50 on some smart looking flyers and start knocking doors, (make sure you hit every door) you will at least have a pile of customers before you need to part with your cash.

Welcome.

Thank you for your reply green, ill get some flyers sorted and a website up and running ready.

If you can make good use of the equipment, ladders, applicator, squeegee, bucket, scrims etc it wouldn't be a total waste of cash if things don't work out. Personally, the vast majority of my growth has come from getting approached when I've been out cleaning. With no customers you need to canvass the area, leaflet drop, get yourself on Yell.com and maybe a cheap ad in the local newsagents etc.

Good luck with your venture, I wish I'd started years ago.

when i started i had no wheels.used to walk 35 mins to one place with ladders etc to do a days work.then back!as my round progressed i brought more ladders and left them in peoples gardens who i knew.if i was starting a round on a monday id work,leave the ladders at the first house id be doing the next day and so on.would go out with a bag of cloths and a bucket with a bottle of fairy liquid in it.i did this for 7 year then passed my test then had to do it again a few years later when i got done drink driving(20 year ago).it can be done .a ball ache when it rains though.i had a bit of work so i got some gear together and started.people saw me and asked me to do their windows .certainly leaflet drop or knock doors but you,ll pick a lot of work up being 'in action' so to speak.good luck for the future

Thank you for all your replys I'm going out later today door to door seeing if I can drum up some customers

Just be determined and hit every door

Those who aren't in make a note and knock back

You'll soon get some customers

to make certain of a very compact round youre goin to have to offer something that the travelling boys dont. offhand the only thing i can think of is that you can afford to go in cheap as chips

Hi Terry. I work by bike which could work well for you if you think you'll get enough work in a smallish area. If you're going trad then it would be very easy to set up a trailer to carry ladders etc for the day /emoticons/smile.png

The rates I'm my area are very cheap already, standard 3 bed house (7 windows plus front and back door) is like £5 so going in any cheaper than that I'll be cutting my own arm off so to speak, I do like the idea of offering the internal clean though.

Latest Posts

Back