Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Next Step Up From a Dispatch/Expert?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have an expert that fits all that criteria. I particularly like the sliding doors both sides as I have my hos reels facing them.

My stepdad was a machanic and said if serviced regularly, Peugeot engines will go on for ages. That's my two pennith worth

I like the idea of the reels on a turntable RC, but how do you get on reeling in when you use them out the back door?
not to bad really, but now they are at the side doors I rarely use the back doors, maybe once or twice a month.

they are a prototype product ;-)

No big secret on how to make a swivel-base for a reel /emoticons/tongue.png....

Secure the base plate to a wood frame or ply floor and then cut a piece of ply to the size required for the reel to sit-on...to 'lock' into position, either drill holes through the top/bottom ply and use dowel as locking pin or....a simple wedge will suffice :thumbsup:.

Here's the type of swivel plate :thumbs: .......

Heavy Duty Marine Steel Boat Seat Swivel Plate - Motor Boat Yacht Speedboat A329

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have reels facing both sliding doors, but have a trolley system in the back with a reel attached to the trolley, so if I want to work from the back door (rarely), I just grab the end of the hose on the trolley :thumbsup:

No big secret on how to make a swivel-base for a reel /emoticons/tongue.png....
Secure the base plate to a wood frame or ply floor and then cut a piece of ply to the size required for the reel to sit-on...to 'lock' into position, either drill holes through the top/bottom ply and use dowel as locking pin or....a simple wedge will suffice :thumbsup:.

Here's the type of swivel plate :thumbs: .......

Heavy Duty Marine Steel Boat Seat Swivel Plate - Motor Boat Yacht Speedboat A329
wood is no good as it will bow with the weight of the reel, fixings will pullout of it easy, wood and water don't mix

that swivel will work but as its so small the weight of the reel will bow the wood over it and then it wont do a thing.

the swivel has to be atleast the size of the hose reel to support the legs as that's where the most downforce will be.

so not as easy as you think lol ;-)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
wood is no good as it will bow with the weight of the reel, fixings will pullout of it easy, wood and water don't mix
that swivel will work but as its so small the weight of the reel will bow the wood over it and then it wont do a thing.

the swivel has to be atleast the size of the hose reel to support the legs as that's where the most downforce will be.

so not as easy as you think lol ;-)

Rubbish!

Works fine with a Clabber Reel on an 18mm plywood base attached to the swivel with pipe clips/nuts/washers and bolts (no screws used) on that swivel .......been there and made one for a mate about 8 months ago and it still works fine :thumbsup:.

making that was easier than you're trying to make out......it aint rocket science /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png.

ps

oh yeah.....the ply was undercoated then sealed with yacht varnish and the hose reel connectors still aren't leaking anyway /emoticons/smile.png.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubbish! 

Works fine with a Clabber Reel on an 18mm plywood base attached to the swivel with pipe clips/nuts/washers and bolts (no screws used) on that swivel .......been there and made one for a mate about 8 months ago and it still works fine :thumbsup:.

making that was easier than you're trying to make out......it aint rocket science /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png.

ps

oh yeah.....the ply was undercoated then sealed with yacht varnish and the hose reel connectors still aren't leaking anyway /emoticons/smile.png.
not rubbish at all and not trying to make it sound harder that it is.

quality not cheapness is always best! lol

these ones take the large reels and even the large powerup reels!

don't want to put a £400+ powerup hd reel on a bit of wood lol

all movement can weaken it

not rubbish at all and not trying to make it sound harder that it is.
quality not cheapness is always best! lol

these ones take the large reels and even the large powerup reels!

don't want to put a £400+ powerup hd reel on a bit of wood lol

all movement can weaken it
:wait:.....Don't get all-'arsey' about it RC :giggle: .....

and I stand by my 'RUBBISH' comment referring to what I quoted you on .

I really don't see what's so hard to understand :confused:......and like I said.....

I've made one :thumbsup:....it works fine and does the job it was intended for :thumbs: .... :hi:.

Back