Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best temperature of cleaning solution for the trad window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DannyB

Hi everyone,

Neither on this website nor anywhere else on the Internet have I found too much info about how warm the cleaning solution for the trad window cleaning should optimally be. From the common sense point of view, a beginner like myself would think that the solution should be quite warm because warm water has certainly more power than cold water to help displace particles of resistant dirt during the application of mop on the glass pane.

But on the other hand, few months ago someone also expressed concerns about the impact of hot summer weather on the soft rubber blades on squeegees. So now I am not quite sure whether the hot cleaning solution couldn't compromise the rubber blade performance at least so much as the hot weather would do, and I am very unsure about the cleaning solution's best temperature.

Any expert advice on this issue will be most appreciated.

Danny I really thinking your over complicating things a tad here,but hey maybe I'm wrong

I just add soap detergent which I guess is room temp to cold or hot water not fussed really

It's not science although I prefer hot in winter but soon cold anyways

Hot in winter, cold in summer- simple. The scrubber and the soap do the work, the temp has very little bearing on it.

i like to use warm water as i think the rubber works beta on the glass an its nce on the hands but cold is fine i dont think it realy matters eather way its all about ur preffrence realy

i vaguely thought of getting one of those 12 volt water heaters designed to make a cup of tea -to lay in my bucket to warm the water in winter] but thought it was going to be faffing about. a better idea might be an underfloor terrarium heat mat, cos heat rises and this could sit below a rubber mat bucket on top and be wired in

I just use cold, i used to use warm all the time until i realized it wasnt really making any difference imo.

It might be true that hot or warm water cleans better but on a routeen monthly clean U are really just getting glass wet and then dry

Exactly 22.73 degrees C,

Honestly mate, your massively over thinking things, I just squirt a load of fairy in and run the hot tap, or if no hot, then cold - it really doesn't matter...

Exactly 22.73 degrees C,
Honestly mate, your massively over thinking things, I just squirt a load of fairy in and run the hot tap, or if no hot, then cold - it really doesn't matter...
fairy liquid :eek::thumbsdown: :zipit::devil:

fairy liquid :eek::thumbsdown: :zipit::devil:
8 years use mate, nothing better for me!

Work friends been using it for 18 years, cheap, lasts all day, and simple! /emoticons/wink.png

Hi everyone,
Neither on this website nor anywhere else on the Internet have I found too much info about how warm the cleaning solution for the trad window cleaning should optimally be. From the common sense point of view, a beginner like myself would think that the solution should be quite warm because warm water has certainly more power than cold water to help displace particles of resistant dirt during the application of mop on the glass pane.

But on the other hand, few months ago someone also expressed concerns about the impact of hot summer weather on the soft rubber blades on squeegees. So now I am not quite sure whether the hot cleaning solution couldn't compromise the rubber blade performance at least so much as the hot weather would do, and I am very unsure about the cleaning solution's best temperature.

Any expert advice on this issue will be most appreciated.
my expert :rolleyes: advice would be to try it out on your own windows and find out what works best for you :thumbsup:

let us know how it goes

8 years use mate, nothing better for me!
Work friends been using it for 18 years, cheap, lasts all day, and simple! /emoticons/wink.png
i was the same b for i saw the lite m8 but each to there own bit i found fairy left the glass very sticky im on a 8weekly so it matters but if ur on a 4 weekly then i sapose its no biggy have u tryed unger soap or ettore its realy wrth a bash ide give u some to try if u was living near me

my expert :rolleyes: advice would be to try it out on your own windows and find out what works best for you :thumbsup:let us know how it goes
At this stage I see no difference.

i was the same b for i saw the lite m8 but each to there own bit i found fairy left the glass very sticky im on a 8weekly so it matters but if ur on a 4 weekly then i sapose its no biggy have u tryed unger soap or ettore its realy wrth a bash ide give u some to try if u was living near me
I'll give it a whirl at some point @tench0771 /emoticons/wink.png

Always good to break the habits!

Back