Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

backpack or trolley build

bhj1

hello all,

i am new to all this and looking for a backpack. is there one that will switch the pump off if i use a tap on the pole to cut the water off?

i have used one recently but its a pain in the backside keep having to stop the water by switching the pump off at the switch on the trolley.

the other option i was thinking was to make a trolley.

any suggestions

If you look on @mark m 's YouTube channel he has several videos up on making a trolley.

[media]

[/media]
Personally I would buy a Gardiner backpack and fit it to a sack truck.

If you are going to build a trolley then you need to buy a pump with a pressure switch. When you switch your tap off at the pole the pressure switch will automatically stop the pump.

The Gardiner backpack has that PS facility as well as a flow controller to regulate the amount of flow you need at the brush head.

Yea I'll post some soon I've just finished getting all the stuff it cost me about £600 if you go with gardeners pole I bought the slx22 but the gooseneck connection so I dident have to turn it on and off using a tap

Jimmyboots did a thread a long while ago

"Diy alternative to backpack " and one with a heavy duty trolley build

Use the search function and have a look as it has links to parts etc

They can be made quite cheaply

Jimmyboots did a thread a long while ago"Diy alternative to backpack " and one with a heavy duty trolley build

Use the search function and have a look as it has links to parts etc

They can be made quite cheaply
I forgot about that one. Jimmyboots did a good tutorial on that.

Latest Posts

Back