Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Want To See Designers Work...

lol Damo, yea but your aware of what I do, just if anybody does a search, i'm off the radar, down in timbuktu somewhere

Just after some advice, my site is a googlesite (done post swift between my partner and I) now whenever I put in canvassing for cleaning companies, I come up zilch. But I know other guys that do the same things as me come up on the first page, any advice, would be very grateful.
And guess who your main competitors are for that phrase, forums lol including this one.

Lucky really Dodge as I know there are only probably 2 other companies that do commercial canvassing, its mostly domestic with other guys

Gave up after 10 pages, cant find you.

Sounds like you and OP need to approach mr Dodger and crack a deal /emoticons/wink.png

FYI i will be trying you services Catherine BUT need to gets vans in place first. (Ie equipment sorted)

Yep thats right Damo, going to have a chat with Dodge, yea sure whenever your ready. I think what I offer is a fair deal, longest customer now been with me for 2 years. I think its the unknown, maybe people are dubious, I get enquiries then drifters, not sure if its a trust issue. For example today, spent 2 hours on the phone picked up an independent quote for a hotel, then another small group of hotels to quote for. Not to say this happens all the time, biggest contract so far picked up is £450 a month, once again not saying thats going to happen all the time... Picked up a major branded hotel as well this month - think sometimes you just have to put your trust in somebody to help carry the business forward, without the fear of being ripped off.

Your site isn't optimised well for the right keywords Catherine - - you need to think of what potential clients are going to type into a search engine (eg. Canvassers, canvasing team, doorknockers etc etc) and do a bit of keyword research using the google keyword tool. Choose your keywords carefully & target the highest ranked ones in your sector.

You then need to take these keywords & put them into your website - in page titles, in the on-page text, in the meta-keywords tag, in the image ALT tags - - everywhere you can! This makes it much easier for google to recognise what your website is about & which searches you should appear in.

One thing I did notice is that the tage you do have (meta-decription etc) seem to be identical on every page - - google loves UNIQUE content, so always mix it up a bit on different pages!

Ah I see what you mean NJ - yes it needs to be addressed really, and thank you for that and to dodge - much appreciated

Take some time with the google keyword tool before you do anything else - sometimes the difference between using "Cleaning" & "Cleaner" is massive, so paying attention to the details can really pay off!

I love my website that dodge also done for me, but I don't get work from it. Have also just sent out 4000 leaflets which I was hoping would promote my website more.

I really like your website Shaz and is what I would be looking at copying when the time comes for me to get one. It's really fresh looking. I'd obviously be changing the content and that fancy font to something more traditional. Very impressed by Dodger's work.

I love my website that dodge also done for me, but I don't get work from it. Have also just sent out 4000 leaflets which I was hoping would promote my website more.
Nothing at all from it ?

I really like your website Shaz and is what I would be looking at copying when the time comes for me to get one. It's really fresh looking. I'd obviously be changing the content and that fancy font to something more traditional. Very impressed by Dodger's work.
Thanks. I really like it too. I really need to update my blog more often tho. Maybe that would help it up the google list, even though im quite high I think.

Nothing at all from it ?
I have had one random email, where someone in my area must have searched me, plus one from my leaflets. and that's it. I do live in a very small town, most people prob have window cleaners.

I did do a infant school today, I forgot to ask them where they got my number from. Hopefully the website.lol

I have had one random email, where someone in my area must have searched me, plus one from my leaflets. and that's it. I do live in a very small town, most people prob have window cleaners.

I did do a infant school today, I forgot to ask them where they got my number from. Hopefully the website.lol
I had mine up for about 5/6 weeks and nothing. Then all off a sudden its started to pick up. Usually get around 5 or 6 calls a week then 2 or 3 emails a week.

Like i said to the OP i think design means nothing. Its all about content. but then again the website i did is very different from the norm, coz i put prices on my www.

I have been doing the blog as dodger said and been updating it. When i asked a few customers we got from the website two or maybe three said. Oh yeah i loved the blog on solar panels thats how we found you.

They typed "solar panel cleaning costs" and we popped up. They never thought to type the area they lived in LMAO

I have seen your website and its very nice, but i would seriously see about the blog side of things. You havent touched it since march.

I do a blog every two weeks roughly. I know its time consuming etc etc. But i used to think what a load of ****** When people on here say i get " 3 calls a day/ 5 emails a day" But tbh i can see now that it is true.

Last Friday we landed two solar jobs (prices on my www so already agreed), two Upvc jobs (prices on my www so already agreed)

The prices are a GUIDE but it does work /emoticons/smile.png And i knew it would before i even did it. As i used to work in sales (phone sales /emoticons/sad.png) And with the climate we are in all people care about is price price price.

We are not picking up regular customers, well two!

The rest has been gutters,solar panels, countless roofs etc etc.

So back to the beginning. Design MEH! Content NOM NOM NOM

Damo /emoticons/smile.png

its different in some areas etc.... depends on how much competition their is from others in your local area aswell.

I had mine up for about 5/6 weeks and nothing. Then all off a sudden its started to pick up. Usually get around 5 or 6 calls a week then 2 or 3 emails a week.

Like i said to the OP i think design means nothing. Its all about content. but then again the website i did is very different from the norm, coz i put prices on my www.

I have been doing the blog as dodger said and been updating it. When i asked a few customers we got from the website two or maybe three said. Oh yeah i loved the blog on solar panels thats how we found you.

They typed "solar panel cleaning costs" and we popped up. They never thought to type the area they lived in LMAO

I have seen your website and its very nice, but i would seriously see about the blog side of things. You havent touched it since march.

I do a blog every two weeks roughly. I know its time consuming etc etc. But i used to think what a load of ****** When people on here say i get " 3 calls a day/ 5 emails a day" But tbh i can see now that it is true.

Last Friday we landed two solar jobs (prices on my www so already agreed), two Upvc jobs (prices on my www so already agreed)

The prices are a GUIDE but it does work /emoticons/smile.png And i knew it would before i even did it. As i used to work in sales (phone sales /emoticons/sad.png) And with the climate we are in all people care about is price price price.

We are not picking up regular customers, well two!

The rest has been gutters,solar panels, countless roofs etc etc.

So back to the beginning. Design MEH! Content NOM NOM NOM

Damo /emoticons/smile.png
Thanks Damo. Yeah I know i need to do more blogs, I think its a lack of confidence on my behalf.

I would be happy with one off jobs in end of tenancy cleans, not done one yet haha.

I must I must improve my www.

Latest Posts

Back