Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Your Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Donny

Right guys after a full week of canvassing last week and my local adverts starting to bring in some calls its time to think about getting the van on the road full time, as i like to start as i mean to go on thought id seak your advice on cleaning the brush, Im assuming that ill have a few first cleans to do so will need to clean the brush every day, (i plan on doing this as a matter of course every day anyway) so noobie questions coming up

1) Whats best method for cleaning your brush at end of day

2) What do you guys use to clean brush after a particulary dirty window job during the day

cheers in advance

Im no expert but when its turned on, I put my hand over the brush so the pure water is getting sprayed back in to the brush. I then rub and move all the bristles making sure to try nock any debris or webs out.

I works for me, however I dont use WFP all day every day so may now work for you.

What about taking it in the house washing it was luke warm water then rinsing it with pure water?

Hmmm, so you get no cobwebs, spider nests or any other dirt/debris from frames and glass trapped in bristles of your brushes at all?

Just wondering what brushes are you using then that can clean themselves? :rolleyes:

I've been using the same brushes for the last four years and haven't cleaned them yet! It's just not necessary.

Depends sometimes just wash it under tap,

soak it,

let it dry out and brush hand over it few times

Other guy I talked uses fine dog comb to get bits out

During the day, usually when I'm putting pole back in van I would blast it with the hose up at 99.. Of if I seen spider webs stuck all over..

I brought my brushes in last night to dry and I'm going to Hoover them this morning

Hmmm, so you get no cobwebs, spider nests or any other dirt/debris from frames and glass trapped in bristles of your brushes at all?
Just wondering what brushes are you using then that can clean themselves? :rolleyes:

I've been using the same brushes for the last four years and haven't cleaned them yet! It's just not necessary.
If I get the odd cobweb on it I'll just pull them off. They tend to be mainly on the brush stock though rather than the bristles.

I mainly use Ionics brush heads but I.do have one with white bristles that came with a cheap fibre glass pole I bought off eBay in my early days. They too are as clean as the day I bought it.

I give mine a good wash round in a bucket of de ionised water. Also I use the brushes for a couple of months and sell them on while still in good condition which means I get new ones about half the price (or it feels that way).

I wondered about this for when I get my trolley, was presuming that you stick it in a bucket of pure water and leave it there till you next need it lol

Latest Posts

Back