Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning garage roof... pressure wash???

steele

I haven't gone to see the property yet and have never done it but I've been asked about cleaning a garage roof due to the moss etc. do you think think could be done with a pressure washer.

I'm assuming that it'll be a single story garage, possibly double.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Can you just imagine the mess that lot would make using a pressure washer let alone the damage it might cause. H&S also do fine firms if it is brought to their attention cleaning a roof using a pressure washer without fall protection in place to protect their workers.

http://press.hse.gov.uk/2014/cleaning-company-fined-for-risky-rooftop-work/

Mind you that old school roofer scrapping that roof in the vid is risking his neck too and in breach of H&S working at height regs working like that as he is working without any fall protection too.:rolleyes:

You have to ask yourself is it worth all the hassle and risks involved for the money?

Generally customers don't want to pay out extra just to keep you safe doing a job like that's even when it's required by H&S regs to do so.

Back