Is there another way?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Danfire, Sep 14, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Although I said to myself that I wouldn't take on any work other than my window cleaning round as an ex-carpenter I have found myself doing more and more odd jobs for customers. I can't seem to help myself, I see stuff that needs repairing and I my big mouth gets me more to do, next thing I'm picking up supplies to fix broken glass, easing sticking doors or adjusting locks etc.

The latest job I have been asked to tackle (not committed to doing yet) is a dripping gutter joint, ordinarily, a simple five minute job, but this joint is directly above a large conservatory. The only way I can see to access this joint (without putting up scaffold) is to throw a line over the top of the roof and go over in my harness. Anyone got any better ideas?
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

No Dan. Your experience / gut instinct is right. SCAFFOLD. THEY want the job done? BILL 'EM......DAN!...because he's WORTH it ! Sort yourself out man, cleaner or chippy?