Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cutting few rungs off my ladder ?!

S

sdrah

Mostly I clean wfp - however I do have days when mainly on ladder and putting the ladder on and off my transit causes me a back pain in the evening

So I thought if I cut off a rung from each section the ladder will fit exactly in the van not diagonally like now . I can even make a kind of shelf / pocket where to slide it in so it wont get tangled in other stuff I carry . what do you think - does it worth it or shall i buy another ladder

Another option worth considering is I have a pull down double ladder rack so can put on/take off whatever size ladders I want on it easily. If you have a look on fleebay there are plenty going cheap.

Those racks do look great and maybe one day I'll have one myself. I wouldn't go cutting your ladder though sdrah, they're cheap enough to buy these days for what you get from them and a smaller ladder may be the best option if not the rack. The thing is, I'm pretty sure that should you have an accident and your ladder is found to be defective(after cutting)...well you know what I mean.

Mart.

That reminds me of my diy attempt of mending a wobbly chair

By the time I had finished it ended up as a wobbly foot stool:D

Mostly I clean wfp - however I do have days when mainly on ladder and putting the ladder on and off my transit causes me a back pain in the evening
So I thought if I cut off a rung from each section the ladder will fit exactly in the van not diagonally like now . I can even make a kind of shelf / pocket where to slide it in so it wont get tangled in other stuff I carry . what do you think - does it worth it or shall i buy another ladder
Easy enough to do. Make sure you keep the retaining parts of the ladder and cut off the bottom of one and the top t'other, and don't forget to replace the pads at the end of each piece. You will probably have to drill out the rivets on the end pads, re-drill new holes and fix with self-tapping screws.

Back