Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Am I too Expensive

WCF

Help Support WCF:

12.50 is too cheap and 10 is a joke

You have a business to run and you shouldn't lower your prices to that level

I'd quote 20 for the amount of glass

Weekly on that be a 10/15 job if just outs on them fronts shown.

I'd do £12 around here and be quite happy with that for 15 mins max.

4 pints paid for every fri night.

Some of you should stop looking at jobs and thinking 'I can bosh that out in 10 mins"

Or pricing at a £1 a window that method was being used in the 90's.

You need to realise the value of something commercial window cleaning had always been the high earner (in most cases).

Most have invested heavily in equipment then take of your running costs.

The customer has already said "the £10 man is unreliable"which says to me service and quality is more important than price so go in higher.

The problem with pubs, small hotels etc especially in my area not sure if it's the same nationwide is they look to get a decent job done at the best possible price, they may well pay a bit more but then will be on the look out to replace or open to been undercut, I personally think £12 every week for the one in Q is about right, they won't be at all dirty and thats near £50 every 4 weeks for a total of perhaps a hours easy work, taking onboard your outlay thats a very good hourly rate, I would take it allday long if the job was in easy reach for a weekly clean. I can't see there been many window cleaners taking £50 plus a hour allday long everyday.

I agree to charging higher for what I class as 'proper' commercial ie big business that employ loads of staff and have very large buildings with lots of glass, that have good yearly budgets for building maintenance. For example I have one on 6 monthly coming up in a couple of weeks again that yes I went in very high £470 for no more than 3 hours of my time and equipment that there very happy with, but go try that with a 10 bed hotel or large pub and you won't be getting the job.

The problem with pubs, small hotels etc especially in my area not sure if it's the same nationwide is they look to get a decent job done at the best possible price, they may well pay a bit more but then will be on the look out to replace or open to been undercut, I personally think £12 every week for the one in Q is about right, they won't be at all dirty and thats near £50 every 4 weeks for a total of perhaps a hours easy work, taking onboard your outlay thats a very good hourly rate, I would take it allday long if the job was in easy reach for a weekly clean. I can't see there been many window cleaners taking £50 plus a hour allday long everyday.
I agree to charging higher for what I class as 'proper' commercial ie big business that employ loads of staff and have very large buildings with lots of glass, that have good yearly budgets for building maintenance. For example I have one on 6 monthly coming up in a couple of weeks again that yes I went in very high £470 for no more than 3 hours of my time and equipment that there very happy with, but go try that with a 10 bed hotel or large pub and you won't be getting the job.

Agree with this. I wouldn't view it as a proper commercial job in that sense either. To me it's a 10 min front. Pull up hose out done. Pop in 12 squid in back pocket onto next house.

Back