Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

filteration help with brodex 250ltr

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It is a sediment filter as Brodex don't believe you need a carbon block filter.

Its looks like a 10". I would use the carbon block if it allows sediment less than 5 microns to pass through it. (I can't magnify the second photo to see its specs.)

But I would order a couple of Fiberdyne carbon filters from Gardiners as they will also suffice as a sediment filter as well as being a carbon block to remove chlorine.

The reason why Brodex don't fit a carbon block filter is that they say that the chlorine in British water taps is not of a high enough concentration to destroy the r/o membrane. However, they are the only supplier to believe this. So the most obvious deduction an end-user can come to is that Brodex hope to sell more membranes due to premature failure caused by chlorine.

I hope your membrane is still performing efficiently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats great thank you, my membrane is reducing water from 335 to 29 ppm does that sound okay?

Will order what you say and appreciate your explanation.

I would use a Fibredyne CFB Plus filter which is a sediment and carbon combined. Your membrane is only giving you 86% rejection rate which looks that it is on it's way out.

Back