Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I've been canvassed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I lost a customer or user yesterday for supposedly waking her little lad, she said i should have knocked first to check if it was ok I said but wouldn't that have woken him, she replied ive been here since last august and ive had five window cleaners so i just said have you paid any because you owe me for three cleans and walked away. How much leeway with non payments would people give?
2 washes absolute max, and that is only if I've done their windows for a while

Generally only one clean

Because I send reminder out after about a week and then every few days so it's likely they will have had 3-4 reminders by the time next clean is due. So if they haven't paid after all those reminders there's a good chance they have no intention of doing so.

If it gets to the next clean I will skip it and keep sending payment reminders and eventually a letter and dumping etc.

First time it's happened to me.
5 houses in one cul de sac I clean for £12 each.

Over the last two months I've had to lower them all to £10 each.

Now I'm not bothered if someone else is canvassing but it is a but dissapointing there is no customer loyalty and they are prepared to get rid for 2 quid.

I didn't loose any but they made it clear I would if i couldn't match that price.

These are all 3/4 bed detached new builds probably 200k houses

Half a mind to canvass the rest of the street for £9 lol
Don't drop your prices... regardless of whether you lose work if you do your customers will no longer take you seriously and obviously don't have the respect you deserve to keep you... you have to think why another window cleaner is charging less and if you know your service is worth your price your "ex- customers" will eventually understand why... I've actually told customers before I'm stopping my services for them due to the fact they were persistent on me dropping... you'll always replace the work you lose and you can't win 'em all

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've lost a few customers (lots of dole boys in my area, saw a couple canvassing a street I do fri) and I get paranoid every time that I haven't done a decent job. I charge high end and yet have been getting quite a few tips recently (money, not "don't bet on a dead horse), so must be doing something right. Suppose it's all part of learning the business. I still take it personally but I won't drop my prices. I took the risk of this game because my last job was killing me and effecting my home life. As green says, £30ph is better than the likes of me would get in the real world. It gives me the opportunity to provide a comfortable life for my family at the sacrifice of knowing you have a steady salary. Anyways, that's my fearful newbie rant over!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back